About Alaska Glacial Mud
Alaska Glacial Mud Company products, which are derived from “the most mineral-rich and unique mud in the world,” are claimed to “promote anti-aging, help skin hold moisture and form collagen, resulting in radiant skin.” All of the company’s products are claimed to be 100% natural, “pure glacier derived,” and sustainably harvested.
Alaska Glacial Mud Company is based out of Cordova, AK and has been in business since 2006. Despite this, the company is not listed with the Better Business Bureau. However, the company was featured on episode 514 of the popular TV Show Shark Tank, although none of the Sharks chose to invest. Regarding their products, online customer reviews appear to be primarily positive, though some common complaints include over-drying skin, failure to experience any results, and high price.
Alaska Glacial Mud Company Products
The founder of Alaska Glacial Mud Company, Lauren Padawer, claims that the idea for her enterprise came about during a life-changing rafting trip on the Copper River, where she “proceeded to cover her face and body in the silky mud,” and found that her skin was “soft and glowing” after washing it off. As a result, she relocated to Cordova, AK, purchased a fishing boat, and has been there ever since.
Alaska Glacial Mud Company’s flagship product is their Glacial Facial Purifying Mineral Mud Masque, which claims to be “made with the most mineral-rich and pure glacial clay in the world,” and to be “sustainably hand-carved from the remote waters of the Copper River Delta in Alaska.” The company also claims to add “certified organic and wildcrafted botanical extracts” harvested from the Pacific Northwest,” which “are chosen for their moisturizing, skin-softening, anti-aging and immunoprotective properties.”
The company claims their Masque can be used up to four times per week, and that the 60 trace elements contained in the product “promote healthy skin cell regeneration,” while also detoxifying, exfoliating, and softening your skin. The Masque is available in Original unscented, lavender-peppermint, and vanilla-lavender formulations, and ingredients include magnesium, copper, zinc, sulfur, silver, silicon, calcium, sodium, and potassium.
Other Alaska Glacial Mud Company products include:
- Handcrafted Exfoliating Mineral Soap Bar – An “artisan cold-process bar” made with “high quality certified organic emollient oils of olive, coconut and palm and enriched with pure exfoliating and mineral-rich glacial clay and goat’s milk.”
- 4.5” Masque Application Brush – A premium application brush with a wooden handle and nylon bristles that helps you evenly apply your facial mask and keep your hands clean.
- Alaska Glacial Trial Kit/Gift Set – Includes one 3.5oz full-size retail jar glacial facial mineral masque, one 4oz full-size exfoliating mineral soap bar, two trial/travel size lavender-peppermint glacial facial masques, two vanilla-lavender glacial facial masques, and a masque application brush.
Whichever you choose, all Alaska Glacial Mud Company products are claimed to contain wild & certified organic ingredients, without synthetic fragrances, colors or fillers, and without propylene glycol or phthalates. In addition, none of the company’s products are tested on animals, and all are biodegradable, paraben-free, and recyclable.
Alaska Glacial Mud Company Pricing & Refund Policy
Alaska Glacial Mud Company products are priced as follows:
- Glacial Facial Purifying Mineral Mud Masque 3.5oz: $34
- Glacial Facial Purifying Mineral Mud Masque .24oz: $3.50
- Handcrafted Exfoliating Mineral Soap Bar: $12.50
- Masque 4.5” Application Brush: $6
- Alaska Glacial Trial Kit/Gift Set: $55
Whichever products you choose, all orders over $35 include free standard shipping. Also, the company claims that “10% of our profits are donated to wilderness preservation, habitat restoration, environmental defense and education in the Copper River Watershed.”
- Claimed to be derived from “the most mineral-rich and unique mud in the world.”
- Claims to “promote anti-aging, help skin hold moisture and form collagen, resulting in radiant skin.”
- Products are 100% natural, and are made without synthetic fragrances, colors or fillers, and without propylene glycol or phthalates.
- Appears to have high customer satisfaction ratings.
- No trials/studies showing the product’s efficacy.
- Most common complaints include over-drying skin, failure to experience any results, and high price.