Similar to Nutrisystem, BistroMD is a healthy weight loss food service that claims to take the complication out of losing weight by delivering delicious, balanced meals to you each week. According to the company’s website, their food is “based on the science of what your body needs to lose fat and maintain a lifetime commitment to health.”
BistroMD was created by Dr. Caroline Cederquist, and has been featured on the Biggest Loser, Dr. Phil, the Doctors, NBC, and more. The company holds a C+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, which is based on just two closed complaints. The most common complaint we encountered during our research included difficulty cancelling orders after they had been placed.
How BistroMD Works
According to the BistroMD website, they are “passionate about delivering healthy and delicious entrees that are perfectly suited for weight loss.” They claim that food is medicine, and that the balanced nutrition provided by their meals helps you enjoy “weight loss without the sacrifice.”
With more than 200 entrees available, all of which are made without MSG, trans fats, or aspartame, the company claims that you’ll be able to “enjoy eating great tasting, real food while you lose weight.” Each of their meals are planned by registered dieticians, and focus on “metabolism correction” to help you to lose fat and keep it off.
Depending on your needs, BistroMD offers three different programs, are tailored to both men and women:
- Full Week Program – Includes 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, and 6 dinners.
- Work Week Program – Includes 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches, and 5 dinners.
- Your Program, Your Way – Allows you to create a custom program using only lunches and dinners. A complete menu can be found here.
In order to begin using BistroMD, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Choose your program and snacks.
- Place your order.
- Use your member’s only interface to customize the program to better suit your needs, or base your decision on recommendations from the company’s dieticians.
- Receive weekly meal deliveries, which will remain frozen in your freezer until you’re ready to cook them.
You’ll also receive a weekly program that includes weight loss tips, Q&A with the company’s registered dieticians, and more, as well as one-on-one support via email, phone, online chat, or Skype.
BistroMD program pricing is as follows:
- Full Week Program: $159.95 per week
- Work Week Program: $129.95 per week
- Customized Program: Pricing depends on your specific choices.
As a special offer, you’ll receive free shipping on your first order, and will be charged $24.95 per shipment thereafter.
Keep in mind that any changes from the pre-planned program, such as optional snacks, may cost extra. Also, you’ll be enrolled in the company’s auto-delivery program upon ordering, which means you’ll continue receiving the same order each week, and your credit card will be charge accordingly. There is no commitment, and your program can be cancelled or customized at any time by calling (866) 401-3438.
- Claims to provide balanced, delicious meals delivered right to your door each week.
- All meals are planned by registered dieticians, and are suitable for both men and women.
- Three different programs from which to choose.
- No commitment, and can be cancelled at any time.
- Most common complaint includes difficulty cancelling orders after they had been placed.
- High price.
Bottom Line: If you’re looking for balanced, nutritious, and delicious meals prepared by registered dieticians that can help you lose weight, and will be delivered right to your door, BistroMD may be a solid option. Keep in mind though that once your order is placed, you may have difficulty cancelling it.