Founded by Mike Roberts and based out of San Francisco, CA, The Credit Solution Program is a credit repair course that claims to give you an “action plan” for improving—and maintaining—your credit rating. According to company’s website, the difference between “good” and “great” credit can cost you hundreds or thousands of dollars over the course of your lifetime, and they want to help you take control of your financial future.
The Credit Solution Program is not listed with the Better Business Bureau, though the operating company—Smart Consumer Solutions, LLC—does hold an A- rating, based on one filed complaint. There are not a wide variety of online customer reviews about The Credit Solution Program, though the ones we did find often complained about using a “bait and switch” technique of luring you into paying for your credit report, and signing up for a monthly subscription for their service.
How the Credit Solution Program Works
According to the Credit Solution Program Website, their primary goal is to provide you with solid information and actionable advice about credit, debt, and personal finance-related topics, using informational and engaging books and other training products. The company claims that a great credit score can help you get great car and home loan rates, as well as fast credit card approvals. As such, there are three different options to help get you started.
When you first land on the Credit Solution Program website, you’ll see a link for a “5-Step Test.” If you decide to answer these few questions, you’ll then be sent an email that includes your Financial Health Score. When you receive and review this information, be sure to keep in mind that there is no accurate way a third party could provide such an in-depth analysis about your financial situation, using only the few basic questions from the “test.” So, take this information with a grain of salt.
Next, you can also obtain the Credit Solution Program’s Starter Kit completely free of charge (just enter your email address again further down the page). You’ll then be given access to six credit-related videos, such as:
- Your Big Reason Why
- 5 Rules of Great Credit
- Know Your Consumer Rights
- Better Credit the CSP Way
- Goodwill Adjustments
- Dealing with Debt Collectors
Each video will include resources and tips for expanding your knowledge on each topic, and you’ll also be automatically signed up for The Credit Solution email newsletter.
Finally, you can also choose to pay for the full Credit Improvement Solution program (more about this in the next section), which claims to provide you with 5 primary benefits:
- You’ll understand the importance of your credit, and how it can impact almost every part of your life.
- You’ll recognize the factors that can increase or decrease your score.
- You’ll have learned how to understand and classify each portion of your credit report.
- You’ll know how to create an action plan to regain control over your finances.
- You’ll implement a strategy to keep your credit score high.
The Credit Solution Program Pricing & Refund Policy
While the Basic program is free and will get you well on your way toward improving your credit, if you decide you’d like more information, their Credit Improvement Solution program costs $47, and includes:
- The Credit Solution Program e-book – includes sections titled “Credit from Scratch” and “Divorce & Credit,” as well as a thorough FAQ.
- The Success Journal – a 106-page manual that helps you create an effective game plan for improving your credit.
The Credit Improvement Solution program comes with a 90-day, 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you’re dissatisfied for any reason, simply email customer service at email@example.com to begin the process. If you run into any problems, their FAQ is fairly detailed.
- Appears to be a decent way to learn the right steps to take in order to begin repairing your credit.
- 90-day, 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- Most of the information contained in The Credit Solution Program can be found elsewhere for free.
- The program provides information only. In other words, it will be up to you to take action, and a great degree of your success hinges on your negotiating skills and persistence.