Manufactured by Homeland Housewares, LLC based out of Los Angeles, CA, the Dessert Bullet is a countertop kitchen appliance that claims to help you create more than 100 all-natural, ice cream-based desserts from common fruits. By using healthy ingredients, you’ll be able to cut out all the fats, sugars, calories, and artificial ingredients from your ice cream, and to help you and your family eat healthier.
As a company, Homeland Housewares also manufactures the Magic Bullet and NutriBullet, and holds and A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, which is based on 18 closed complaints within the past three years. Online reviews about the Dessert Bullet appear to be mostly positive, though the most common complaints reference its high price compared to the competition, as well as its loud noise.
How the Dessert Bullet Works
The Dessert Bullet bills itself as “The 10-Second Healthy Dessert Maker,” though it’s important to note that all ingredients (primarily bananas) need to be thoroughly pre-frozen prior to use. Because the product is mainly intended to be used with whole fruits, it’s able to addresses nearly all dietary needs, including lactose intolerance, vegan, gluten-free, and/or diabetic individuals. However, just like any other food device, the end product is only as healthy as the ingredients you choose to use.
Once your ingredients are sufficiently frozen, the Dessert Bullet claims to help you make all-natural desserts in three simple steps:
- Plug in your Dessert Bullet, and place it on a flat, sturdy surface.
- Add the ingredients you’d like to include in your dessert.
- Place a container below the Dispenser Cap, which will catch your dessert in “seconds.”
After you’re finished making your ice cream, the Dessert Bullet is easy to clean, and all parts are dishwasher safe, with the exception of the power base.
Dessert Bullet Pricing & Refund Policy
If you purchase your Dessert Bullet directly through the company, it’s currently priced at 4 payments of $19.99 (total of $79.96), plus free shipping and handling. Despite the fact that the Dessert Bullet website claims it is not available in stores, it can also be purchased through traditional retailers such as Bed Bath & Beyond, Amazon, Kohls, Macys, and more for as little as $60 – and you won’t have to pay for return shipping. Along with the device itself, your Dessert Bullet will also include a “Naturally Delicious” recipe book as a “free” bonus that features more than 100 desserts.
All Dessert Bullets comes with a 30-day money back guarantee that covers the purchase price, but you’ll be responsible for return shipping. However, keep in mind that you’ll first need to call customer service at 1-855-969-3377 to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number, which will need to be displayed on a return label on the outside of your package. Once the company receives the package, a refund will be processed within two weeks of receipt.
Your Dessert Bullet will also come with a one-year warranty for “defects in materials and workmanship,” but this does not cover normal wear and tear.
- Ability to make desserts that are free of sugar, high calories, and artificial ingredients.
- Claims to be easy to clean, and is dishwasher safe (except for the base station).
- Free “Naturally Delicious” recipe book that includes more than 100 delicious recipes.
- Uses bananas as the base ingredient for nearly all recipes, so if you’re not fond of bananas, the Dessert Bullet probably isn’t for you.
- Most complaints include that the Dessert Bullet is very loud and relatively expensive.
- Warranty does not cover normal wear and tear.
We Help You Avoid Scams! Like Our Page on Facebook: