About Elastin RP Skin Renewal
Elastin-rp is an anti-aging skin care line that’s promised to do more than just tighten; it’s also claimed to be clinically proven to stimulate your natural elastin production and to erase years from your face.
The “As Seen On TV” brand is endorsed by Dr. Jon Perlman, M.D., a certified plastic surgeon based out of Beverly Hills, whose surgical skills were featured on ABC Television’s Extreme Makeover series.
Elastin-rp is claimed to work by using a unique “heat-activated system” that enables the patented BioLastin Complex to quickly penetrate skin and target wrinkles at their source.
What’s in Elastin RP?
While concentrations of each ingredient aren’t stated, Elastin RP offers up what’s in their BioLastin Complex:
- SEPITONIC M-3: This lab-created smart-mineral complex contains zinc, magnesium and copper to stimulate elastin production and protect against future skin damage. The complex is included in several other skin care product lines and appears to have received positive reviews.
- TEAVIGO: A manufactured green tea powder, Teavigo is processed to maximize the benefits of the tea leaf and reduce impurities. Elastin-rp claims the extract assists in delivering the treatment effectively to the skin and protecting new elastin. The ingredient is also known for reducing inflammation and is used as an alternative treatment for a great many ailments.
- MDI COMPLEX: A marine complex that’s claimed to stop the destruction of collagen while increasing moisture, MDI Complex is another lab-created treatment present in many skincare products. However, there are some questions as to its effectiveness.
- MATRIXYL SYNTHE’ 6: Created by Sederma labs, Matrixyl Synthe’ 6 is a peptide that works to fill in wrinkles from the inside out, resulting in plumper, smoother skin. The “new and improved” version of Matrixyl 3000 appears to have received many positive reviews, but has only been tested in one independent study, in which women said their wrinkles were reduced by roughly 30%.
- NUTRIPEPTIDES GR: This processed rice protein is claimed by Elastin-rp to help fight wrinkles. While there is some support for rice protein’s effectiveness when taken as a dietary supplement, there wasn’t any information available online about how well it works when applied to the skin.
- ELASTONYL: Pumpkin seedcake is claimed to protect and repair elastin and collagen tissue. The ingredient has been used by one lab in a stretch mark-treatment cream, but no other information could be found.
- HYALURONIC ACID: Naturally produced in the body, hyaluronic acid is also used to relieve joint pain and as a lip filler in cosmetic operations. However, WebMD states that there is no evidence that the substance has any effect on the skin when applied topically.
Elastin-rp Pricing & Refund Policy
Elastin-rp is currently offering a “TV Only” special on their website, allowing customers to try the Elastin RP line “risk-free” for a month. For $39.95, customers will receive a 30-day kit that includes:
- Deep Cleansing Gel: A highly concentrated gel, this is vitamin-infused and non-drying. It promises to refresh while deeply cleansing, removing surface impurities and makeup, and leaving skin soft and smooth.
- Intensive Treatment Serum: A serum that’s claimed to target the needs of aging skin through the effective replenishment of essential bioactive nutrients. This formula also promises to aid in protection against photoaging and reinforce skin's natural elasticity.
- Replenishing Day Cream: A non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic hydrating cream, it claims to drench the skin with essential bioactive nutrients for the ultimate transformation of aging skin. The day cream also offers broad spectrum SPF 15 protection to help defend against harmful UVA/UVB rays and photoaging.
- Replenishing Night Cream: A non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic formula, it claims to work overnight to deliver essential bioactive nutrients while reinforcing skin's natural elasticity.
The 30-day kit also includes several products marked as “free gifts”:
- Replenishing Treatment Mask: Meant to be applied one to three times per week, this nourishing mask claims to gently drench all skin types with firming, essential bioactive nutrients.
- Exfoliating Treatment Scrub: A twice-weekly scrub that contains natural enzymes to resurface the outer layer of skin and improve skin hydration, while helping to replenish skin with essential nutrients.
- Intensive Eye Cream: There is no additional information on this product, as it appears to have recently replaced the Skin Replenishment Oil in their free gifts.
If you aren’t satisfied with your Elastin-rp products, you can return the product containers (even if they are empty) within 60 days of the shipping date shown on your packing list for a full refund (less shipping and handling). Elastin-rp allows customers to keep the Exfoliating Scrub, Intensive Eye Cream, and Replenishing Mask as gifts.
Elastin RP Questionable Marketing
Customers considering Elastin-rp should be aware that signing up for their 30-day trial will automatically enroll you in an auto-ship program that begins 30 days after the initial order.
Agreeing to the auto-ship program, called Club RP, means that customers will be charged 3 monthly payments of $39.95, plus $14.95 shipping and handling (totaling $134.80), every 90 days, upon automatic shipment of a new three-month supply.
You can cancel or customize your shipments at any time by calling Elastin-rp customer service at 1-877-477-9995 Monday through Friday 6a-6p and Saturday 7a-1p (PST).
In our experience, auto-ship programs like the one offered by Elastin RP, are created to loop customers into revolving payments and can be difficult to cancel. If you’d like to learn more about auto-ship programs before ordering, see “What is an Auto-ship Program?”
Unfortunately, our experience has also shown that auto-ship programs are only one of several tricks and questionable practices used by anti-aging brands to lure in customers. To learn more about what to watch for when shopping for skin care products that promise big, read “A Comprehensive Guide to Buying Anti-Aging Products & Avoiding Scams.”
Can Elastin-rp Really Help You Look Younger?
There were no trustworthy Elastin-rp online reviews available at the time of our research. However, while the jury is still out on whether or not their products will help you look younger, ordering might make you feel a little short on cash, since Elastin-rp’s hefty price tag nearing $140 for three month’s worth of products is much more expensive than potentially equally-effective drugstore brands.
In the already over-crowded industry of anti-aging creams and potions promising radical results, the lack of reviews for Elastin-rp makes it difficult to take their products seriously.
If you’re seeking a powerful skin care regimen, but are unsure what products might suit you best, we’ve compiled a cheat sheet to help you cut through the bull, called “So Many Products, So Little Time: How to Find the Best Anti-Wrinkle Cream for You.”