About FDN Selfcare
FDN (Functional Diagnostic Nutrition) Self Care combines functional medicine with “self-test diagnostic labs and a customized health plan” to “take the guess work out of what’s going wrong in your body.” In other words, you and your personal Health Coach will act as “health detectives” to “discover the root cause and a long-term solution.”
FDN Self care was founded by Reed Davis, who bills himself as “one of the most successful and experienced clinicians in the world today.” The company is based out of Poway, CA, and is not listed with the Better Business Bureau. However, the program’s URL was recently registered in December 2013, though the company’s primary URL (functionaldiagnosticnutrition.com), which is tailored more toward Health Coaches, was originally registered in 2008. With this in mind, we were unable to locate any online customer reviews during our research.
How FDN Self Care Works
According to the FDN Self Care website, countless people in America are struggling with endemic problems such as various aches and pains, weight control, energy loss, and more, and finding answers to these problems is often a frustrating process. Because of this, FDN Self Care was developed to bridge the gap “between clinical nutrition and functional medicine,” and to help patients rebuild their health instead of becoming stuck in an endless cycle of diagnosing and treating symptoms.
FDN Self Care helps you take control of five personalized components of your health:
- Stress Reduction
While the company claims that the process isn’t necessarily easy, they claim that it does work, and that it occurs over four steps:
- Self Lab Tests – You’ll be required to take your own samples and submit them for lab analysis. Once this is complete, the results will be sent to your Health Coach.
- Interpretation Session – You and your Health Coach will go over your results, and read deeper to find out what they mean.
- Health Plan – Your Health Coach will then combine these results, along with your history and goals, to formulate a custom health plan. As such, the company claims to treat the person, not the test results.
- Lifestyle Integration – All that’s left to do is implement your plan, which will give you the opportunity to “transform your health.”
FDN Self Care claims that by undergoing this “detective work,” they can help you get to the root cause of your problems, and help “you rebuild your health and have a great quality of life.”
FDN Self Care Pricing & Refund Policy
FDN Self Care claims to offer a free consultation with a certified FDN Health Coach. However, beyond stating that the program isn’t free, no additional pricing information is provided.
In order to begin your consultation, you’ll need to enter your name, email address, and phone number on company’s website, and also fill out a short 12-question questionnaire. While no phone number is listed on the FDN Self Care website, the primary number for Functional Diagnostic Nutrition is 858-842-3266.
- Claims to help you break free from an endless cycle of diagnosis and treating only symptoms.
- Claims to bridge the gap “between clinical nutrition and functional medicine.”
- Free consultation.
- Appears to be a very new company.
- Does not provide detailed information about the program on their website.
- No online customer reviews.
Before you sign up for FDN Self Care, keep in mind that this segment of the company appears to be very new (URL registered December 2013), and that no online reviews were available as of the time of this writing.
In addition, the company’s website provides very little in-depth information about some very important questions, such as:
- How does the program work?
- How will you achieve wellness?
- What’s included in the plan?
- How successful has the program been for other patients?
- How much does the program cost?
In our experience, it’s typically not a good sign when a company is purposely vague about the product or service they offer. This, in combination with the lack of customer reviews, would lead us to recommend caution when dealing with FDN Self Care.