About Go Smile
Go Smile bills themselves as “the smile beauty company” and claims that their clinically proven, do-it-yourself teeth whitening products can help you look younger in just days. On top of this, Go Smile claims to provide some of the most effective, technologically advanced teeth whitening systems in the world.
But when it comes down to it, are Go Smile products truly effective at whitening your teeth? Are they as gentle as the company claims, and do they represent a good overall value? Let’s brighten the facts and see what they have to say.
How Go Smile Works
Even if you already have good oral hygiene, Go Smile claims that you need to use a teeth whitening system in order to keep your smile bright for as long as possible. But instead of just scrubbing away surface stains like whitening toothpastes, Go Smile claims that their at-home teeth whitening products actually penetrate your teeth down to the dentin, and then work to chemically change their color.
With this in mind, Go Smile claims that many of their products use a “superior formula chemistry” known as Hyperox technology, which causes hydrogen peroxide to release oxygen ions, thereby whitening your teeth more efficiently and effectively. The company also claims that their Ampoule Technology uses a special polymer formula to adhere to your teeth better, while the sealed capsules provide the ultimate in potency and ease of use.
As such, Go Smile’s product categories include:
- Power Whiteners – 6 and 12-day double action systems that provide intensive whitening touch ups, while the Sonic Blue system whitens as you brush each day.
- Brush to Whiten – For use during your daily brushing routine, which features peroxide-based products that removes stains inside and out. Each brush head also contains a blue light that is claimed to work at the molecular level to significantly reduce the time it takes to remove stains.
- Classic Whiteners – Works over the course of 7 days, and is ideal for light to moderate staining. Simply apply the serum to your teeth, and go on with your day. Preservative free.
- On-the-Go Whitener – Pen-based teeth whitening systems that go with you wherever you are. Simply apply twice per day and see results within a week.
- Keep Your Smile White – Daily care toothpastes, touch ups, and lip treatments that are intended to keep your teeth white for as long as possible, but only once you’ve completed one of the other Go Smile systems.
One unique feature we found on the Go Smile website was the “Which Whitener is for Me?” tool, which asks relevant questions about the current shade of your teeth, the amount of time you have to dedicate to whitening, and if you have sensitive gums. Based on your answers, you’re then provided suggested products that best meet your needs.
Go Smile Pricing & Refund Policy
Go Smile teeth whitening products are priced as follows:
- Power Whiteners: $89 to $144
- Brush to Whiten: $29 to $129
- Classic Whitener: $89
- On-the-Go Whiteners: $19 to $33
- Keep Your Smile White: $16 to $35
All Go Smile orders over $50 include free Ground shipping, while you’ll pay anywhere from $8.95 to $39.95 for orders under $50, depending on the number of items and speed of shipping.
All Go Smile teeth whitening products come with a 45-day money back guarantee, less S&H charges, even if they’ve been used. In order to begin the refund process, you’ll need to contact customer service at 866-524-6119.
If you’d like to purchase Go Smile products from a third-party retailer, some are available through Amazon.com, QVC, ULTA, Nordstrom, and many others.
What Do Other Consumers Have to Say About Go Smile?
Overall, it appears that Go Smile products have an evenly mixed online reputation, with the most common compliments citing dramatic results, no sensitivity, pleasant taste, and an easy application process. On the other hand, some of the most common complaints cited:
- Provided no, or minimal, results.
- High price when compared to the competition (low value for the money).
- Difficulty applying the product – capsules were dried out upon opening, tube was difficult to press, etc.
- Products are very painful if accidentally applied to your gums.
What’s the Bottom Line About Go Smile?
If you’re sensitive about the color of your teeth, you’re probably willing to do whatever it takes in order to whiten them. But are Go Smile products worth your time and money? Maybe, but consider the following beforehand:
First, although Go Smile claims that their teeth whitening products are clinically proven, they don’t provide references to any studies that back it up. This is something that we often see with nutritional supplements, and could mean that these studies aren’t as favorable for their products as they might make it seem.
Second, online customer reviews are mixed, with some experiencing great results, and others experiencing none. And while many other readily available teeth whitening systems have proven to be somewhat effective, there are currently no side-by-side comparisons available between them and Go Smile products. With this said, Go Smile systems are much more expensive than the competition, and may not necessarily provide a greater bang for your buck (average whitening was 1-3 shades).
Finally, some of their technology may not be quite advanced as they’re made to appear. For instance, Go Smile claims that the blue light emitted on their brushes boosts the whitening gel’s power. However, according to this 2012 study, “The slight difference in tooth color observed as a result of bleaching with lights and hydrogen peroxide versus bleaching with hydrogen peroxide alone appears to be temporary and caused by the light's dehydration and heating of the teeth. After a few days to weeks, there appears to be no significant shade difference between teeth bleached with lights and those bleached without lights. Although research varies as to the effectiveness of bleaching using lights, many of the lights used for in-office bleaching appear to be primarily a psychological factor for the patient.” Keep in mind that this study was performed using in-office lights, which are much more powerful than the one found on Go Smile brushes.
Bottom line: With moderate customer reviews, high prices, and products that may not be quite as technologically advanced as they’re claimed to be, you may want to spend your money on something less expensive than Go Smile products.