About H2O Mop X5
The H2O Mop X5 is a 5-in-1 “As Seen on TV” product that is claimed to use variable steam to clean floors, windows and glass, carpet, garments, and more. The product claims to accomplish this without the use of harsh chemicals, making it a “green” solution that is safe to use around children and pets.
The H2O Mop X5 is manufactured by Thane International, Inc., based out of El Segundo, CA, and is not listed with the Better Business Bureau. Regarding the product specifically, online customer reviews appear to be primarily negative, with the most common complaints citing poor quality, and that it does not perform as well as advertised.
How the H2O Mop X5 Works
According to the product’s website, the H2O Mop X5 converts regular water into “grime-busting steam” that works to loosen dirt, while the microfiber cloth attachment “locks it in.” As such, it is ideal for use on sealed flooring surfaces, such as ceramic, linoleum, carpet, and wood floors, and can even be used as a glass cleaner and garment steamer.
The H2O Mop X5 is claimed to weigh less than five pounds, making it lightweight and agile, though its 1300 watts of power and continuous variable steam allow you to clean, sanitize, and deodorize with less scrubbing than traditional methods. The mop heats up to 230 degrees in seconds, and is claimed to kill up to 99% of salmonella and e. coli in your home.
Currently, the H2O Mop X5 is available in three different purchasing options:
- Special TV Offer: Includes one H20 Mop X5, jet nozzle, carpet glider, extension hose; window, glass, & mirror attachment; window, glass, & mirror squeegee, dusting wand attachment, nylon brush head, mop pad, in addition to one window, glass and mirror microfiber coral cloth, and one garment pad.
- Professional Package: Includes everything in the Special TV Offer, in addition to one extra window, glass and mirror microfiber coral cloth, two microfiber blue mop heads, two blue baseboard mop pads, and one wire brush head.
- Ultra Cleaning Package: Includes everything in the Professional Package, with the addition of an oversized mop head, Steam Lazer, Steam Cradle, Wallpaper Scraper, and two color-coded nylon heads.
H2O Mop X5 Pricing & Refund Policy
The H2O Mop X5 is available through Amazon, Best Buy, Target, HSN, and more. However, if purchased directly through the manufacturer, the steamer is priced as follows:
- Special TV Offer: Three payments of $39.95, or one payment of $119.85.
- Professional Package: Three payments of $49.95, or one payment of $149.85.
- Ultra Cleaning Package: Three payments of $59.95, or one payment of $179.85.
Regardless of which package you choose, your H2O Mop X5 will come with free shipping, and will typically leave the warehouse within 1-2 business days.
All H2O Mop X5 products come with a 30-day money back guarantee, less shipping and handling charges. Simply contact customer service at (719) 948-2612 to begin the process. In addition, the product comes with a one-year warranty against manufacturer’s defects.
- A 5-in-1 steamer that claims to clean and deodorize without the use of harsh chemicals.
- Several different packages available depending on your needs.
- 30-day money back guarantee.
- The H2O Mop X5 is an “As Seen on TV” product, which typically carry lower customer satisfaction ratings than similar mainstream products.
- Most common complaints cite poor quality, and that it does not perform as well as advertised.
Because of the H2O Mop X5’s “As Seen on TV” status and widespread reports of poor quality and performance, you may want to spend your hard-earned money on a steamer from a more reputable manufacturer.
3 out 3 people found this review helpful
H20 Mop X5
I have had this product a couple of years. I used steamer for a long time before I even used this as a mop. As a steamer it's ok and works well on mirrors and surfaces that are not super dirty. When I finally used it as mop I was happy with the results and then used it on wood laminate. It will sometimes leave streaks but so do other mops. My sister even commented on the fact that she wanted one. It's pretty expensive for a "mop" but has been durable. After a year, the swivel connection popped out. I finally fixed it myself (has a lot of little screws). Overall I'm happy with my purchase but would love it if it was less expensive.
Bottom Line: Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
5 out 5 people found this review helpful
Does not do a good job and is overpriced.
This product does not live up to its expectations. Your floors do not get clean because you do not add any cleaner. However, it is easy to use if you hand-scrub your floors first. I think it's overpriced. I found it at Walmart on sale for 40 dollars after paying over 200.00 after shipping, extra parts, etc. It is easy to use and gets corner well. I probably would do ok if floors were well scrubbed first and kept up every day. I would not recommend this.
Bottom Line: No, I would not recommend this to a friend