The Perfecter Fusion Styler is an “As Seen on TV” all-in-one hair styler brush that claims to give you salon results in just 3 minutes, including instant shine, volume, and body. In addition, the Perfecter is claimed to fully heat in as little as one minute, and to remain cool to the touch while in use.
The Perfecter Fusion Styler was invented by stylist Maria McCool, and is manufactured by Tristar Products based out of Fairfield, NJ. This company specializes in a wide variety of “As Seen on TV” products, including the Power Cooker, Clear TV Antenna, Flex-Able Hose, and many more. Tristar holds a B+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, despite having more than 1,000 closed complaints over the past three years.
Regarding the Perfecter Fusion Styler specifically, we’ve accumulated more than 100 customer reviews about the product over the past several months, and have found that the overwhelming majority are negative. With this in mind, the most common complaints are as follows:
- Failure to work as advertised. This includes everything from not performing properly to severe hair tangling. In fact, more than one HighYa reviewer claimed that the Perfecter Fusion Styler became so entangled in their hair that it actually had to be cut out.
- Poor quality construction. This includes everything from suddenly ceasing to turn on after 20-30 days, to teeth breaking and falling off after a very short period of time.
- Extreme difficulty obtaining a refund. A very common theme running throughout HighYa customer reviews includes extremely long wait times (<30 minutes), sudden hang ups, needless transfers to other departments, constant “upsells” and rebates aimed at convincing you not to process a refund, and much more. Essentially, the company appears to create as much distraction as possible prior to authorizing a refund.
- To add insult to injury, even once the manufacturer has signed for the package, numerous complaints claimed that the company will deny ever having received it. More often than not, customers appear to have addressed the problem with their credit card company long before a solution was offered by the manufacturer (see more about this in the Bottom Line section).
- Finally, several customers even claimed that their credit card information was compromised soon after placing their order, which resulted in hundreds of dollars in fraudulent charges (see more about this in the Bottom Line section).
How the Perfecter Fusion Styler Works
The Perfecter Fusion Styler is claimed to combine a curling iron, flat iron straightener, dryer, and heated round brush into one easy to use device. In fact, the manufacturer claims that the Perfecter is “the most revolutionary, new hair care tool ever invented,” and that its fusion styling technology results in ceramic heat that helps shine and smooth your hair, while the ionic technology helps fight frizz, hydrate, and heal your hair.
The Perfecter Fusion Styler can be used on two temperature settings: Low (356 degrees) for thin or fine hair, and high (392 degrees) for thick or coarse hair. Despite this heat, the Perfecter website claims that the bristles never become hot to the touch, which even allows you to use both hands for greater styling control.
The Perfecter Fusion Styler is claimed work with all hair types, and to be as easy to use as brushing your hair.
Perfecter Fusion Styler Pricing & Refund Policy
The Perfecter Fusion Styler is priced at three payments of $33.33 (total of $99.99), plus free shipping and handling. On top of this, you’ll also receive three free gifts (a $40 claimed value):
- Thermal travel case
- Detangle brush
- 3 styling clips
In addition, you’ll also be able to enroll in the Calista Tools autoship program, which means you’ll receive one bottle of Achieve 10 styling cream for just $7.99 S&H. Beginning 30 days from your original order, you’ll start receiving a new bottle of Achieve 10 once per month, and your credit card will be charged $19.99 each time.
Next, you can also choose an extended 2-year warranty for $3.99 per payment ($11.97 single pay), or a 4-year warranty for $6.99 per payment ($20.97 single pay). Keep in mind that if you’re a CT, NJ, NV, NY, or PA resident, you’ll also be subject to state sales tax.
Finally, you can pay an additional $14.99 for FedEx Express shipping, $19.99 for 2-Day, and $29.99 for Overnight.
All Perfecter Fusion Stylers come with a 60-day, “no questions asked” money back guarantee (see more about this in the following section). Unfortunately, no other information about this guarantee is provided on the product’s website.
Bottom Line: Is the Perfecter Fusion Styler a Scam?
Based on our research, as well as the more than 100 Perfecter Fusion Styler customers who took the time to write a review on HighYa, we feel fairly confident stating that the product is a scam. As we noted above, the vast majority of HighYa reviews give the product just one star, and include complaints of poor quality, failure to work as advertised, extraordinarily bad customer service, fraudulent credit card charges, and an almost impossible ability to receive a refund. While this is a common occurrence for “As Seen on TV” products, and there are only a handful of manufacturers for thousands of products, it seems to be especially bad with the Perfecter Fusion Styler.
Furthermore, as we mentioned in our Perfecter Fusion Styler article, most hair devices intended to perform more than one function often fail to do any of them adequately. In layman’s terms, they just don’t work, and the Perfecter appears to be no different.
After all is said and done, we strongly recommend against placing an order for the Perfecter Fusion Styler. Based on the hundreds of customer reviews we’ve encountered during our research—both on HighYa and elsewhere—it doesn’t work like you may think it does, it won’t last very long, and you’ll likely throw your hands up in frustration long before successfully obtaining a refund. Instead, save your time and your hard-earned money.