Whether you’re a man or a woman, if you’ve been on the hunt for a dietary supplement that can help give you a extra edge in your battle against weight gain, it’s likely that you’ve run across Phentaslim at one point or another. This is because Phentaslim is claimed to help you stay on track with your existing exercise and sensible diet, while also helping you to burn more calories, suppress your appetite, improve mental function, and boost your energy.
But how does Phentaslim claim to do this? Is there any evidence to support these claims? Great questions! Let’s take a closer look.
Quick Facts About Phentaslim
Unlike many other supplement manufacturers, Phentaslim is upfront in stating that the best way to lose weight and keep it off is through regular exercise and a sensible diet. However, we all struggle with maintaining these healthy habits, which is where Phentaslim claims to help.
With this in mind, Phentaslim is made up of three types of ingredients: 1) The fat burning complex is claimed to “turn up your body’s metabolism to overdrive” and to reduce your appetite. 2) The amino acids help break down fatty acids, increase performance, and elevate your mood. 3) The vitamins and minerals help improve your hair, skin, immune system, brain function, and more.
As such, here are the specific ingredients, which are claimed to be 100% natural and clinically proven:
- Thiamin 1.3mg
- Riboflavin 1.7mg
- Vitamin B6 1.8mg
- Vitamin B12 10mcg
- Zinc 15mg
- Niacin 20mg
- Guarana Seed 100mg – Naturally contains caffeine, which can boost energy, improve mood, and suppress appetite.
- Caffeine Anhydrous 150mg – Improves focus, reduces appetite, and more.
- Green Tea 125mg – Catechins contained in green tea may help increase fat oxidation and thermogenesis, while reducing cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Cayenne 50mg – Has been shown to induce thermogenesis and increase blood flow.
- Raspberry Ketone 200mg – Increase your body’s production of Adiponectin, a hormone that may help regulate glucose.
- L-Tyrosine 200mg – May help reduce fatigue and to recover more quickly from workouts.
- L-Carnitine 250mg – An amino acid that can help reduce fat and increase muscle mass.
- Panax Ginseng Root 75mg
Phentaslim’s manufacturer claims that the supplement is manufactured in the U.S. in a GMP-certified lab, and that it is 100% safe a side effect-free. According to the company, you should take one capsule in the morning and another in the afternoon, and should feel the effects within a few days of use.
Phentaslim Pricing & Refund Policy
Phentaslim is currently available in three different purchasing options:
- 1-Month Supply: $59.95
- 2-Month Supply: $99.95
- 3-Month Supply: $129.95
If you purchase a 1-month supply, you’ll need to pay an additional $4.95 for shipping and handling. However, 2 and 3-month supplies include free shipping.
Phentaslim comes with 30-day, 100% money back guarantee, less shipping and handling charges. However, remember that this begins from the date you place your order, not from the day you receive the product. Also, keep in mind that the manufacturer claims that a “small handling fee of [sic] will be deducted from the refund price to cover administration charges and distribution costs.” What this “small fee” amounts to is not disclosed.
On a positive not, Phentaslim will not enroll you in any kind of autoship program after you’ve placed your order, which is something that most supplement manufacturers will.
What Do Other Consumers Have to Say About Phentaslim?
Phentaslim is manufactured by Optimum Nutra Inc. based out of Hollywood, FL, who holds an F rating with the Better Business Bureau, although they only have 13 closed complaints over the past three years. With this in mind, the company has only been in business since 2011, and the Phentaslim URL was just registered in May 2012.
Online customer reviews regarding Phentaslim are few and far between, which is only made worse by the fact that the manufacturer has registered several other URLs intended to divert your attention (e.g. phentaslimscam.com, etc.). However, those that we could locate often claimed that it doesn’t work, in addition to high price.
What’s the Bottom Line About Phentaslim?
While we can appreciate the fact that Phentaslim doesn’t claim to be another “miracle” weight loss supplement, it’s important to keep in mind just how little evidence there is to support any of its claims.
For instance, the Phentaslim website lists a total of 8 clinical studies:
- 3 are Related to Caffeine – According to the May Clinic, caffeine may increase heart rate and be mildly effective for weight loss or appetite suppression, but there is no “sound” evidence that it can help you achieve drastic or permanent results. In fact, if you take too much caffeine, it can cause a stress reaction in your body, which can lead some individuals to overeat.
- 2 for Cayenne (Capsaicin) – Similar to green tea and caffeine, capsaicin has been shown to increase body temperature, which may help burn more calories, and to curb appetite. However, it also only has mild effects, and should not be considered a drastic or permanent solution. Oddly enough, the first study referenced on the supplement’s website expressly stated, “Four weeks of regular chilli consumption has no obvious beneficial or harmful effects on metabolic parameters.”
- 1 for Guarana – The single study referenced on the Phentaslim website was intended to gauge mood and memory, not weight loss. However, guarana does naturally contain caffeine, and may present some of the same benefits.
- 1 for Green Tea – Has been shown to increase thermogenesis. Most peer-reviewed clinical studies have been performed on mice, not on humans. The study referenced on the Phentaslim website was no longer available, though it appears to reference weight loss and cardiovascular benefits.
- 1 for Raspberry Ketone – Out of all the ingredients contained in Phentaslim’s proprietary formulation, Raspberry Ketone has the least (and some of the most hotly debated) evidence surrounding it. The study referenced on the Phentaslim website was conducted on mice, not on humans. In fact, as we mentioned in our Raspberry Ketone article, “there is absolutely zero scientific or clinical evidence showing the efficacy of raspberry ketone for weight loss in humans. Period.”
Whew. That’s a lot of information, so let’s wrap everything up in layman’s terms:
- Have some of the ingredients in Phentaslim been shown to be mildly effective in weight loss? Yes.
- Have any of the ingredients in Phentaslim been shown to provide a great deal of weight loss (more than a couple pounds), or to be a permanent weight loss solution? No.
- Based on this information, is the high price of Phentaslim justified? No.
With this in mind, we would recommend staying away from Phentaslim. Although if you’re looking to gain much of its same claimed benefits, you could drink a couple cups of coffee, add some cayenne to your food, and eat some of the many foods rich in L-tyrosine.
Product DOES NOT work!
Their website states they have a 100% money back guarantee, but beware! These diet pills DO NOT work. Once you buy them, you own them because they will not refund your money as they advertise. Don't waste your money.
Bottom Line: No, I would not recommend this to a friend