Previously known as “SebaClear,” SeraDerm is an “As Seen on TV” product that claims to be a “safe, fast, and effective” treatment for psoriasis. Using salicylic acid as its primary active ingredient, SeraDerm starts working immediately, and claims that it will “change your life.”
SeraDerm is manufactured by the nutritional supplements company New Vitality, who also makes Ageless Male, FemiPro, and Provanta Plus. New Vitality holds an A- rating with the Better Business Bureau, despite having more than 230 closed complaints, most of which seem to revolve around poor customer service. Regarding SeraDerm specifically, legitimate online customer reviews are non-existent at the time of this writing, which may be due to the fact that it is such a new product. However, regarding salicylic acid products in general, the most common complaints include dry skin and failure to work as advertised.
How SeraDerm Works
According to the company’s website, more than 7.5 million Americans suffer from psoriasis on a daily basis, which includes symptoms such as painful dry skin and embarrassing flaking. However, SeraDerm claims to be the bestselling “answer” for psoriasis by “delivering breakthrough results,” eliminating the symptoms, and preventing future flare-ups.
The primary active ingredient in SeraDerm is salicylic acid, which is derived from the bark of the willow tree, and is found in a wide variety of other products, including acne, wart, and psoriasis treatments. The product’s website claims that salicylic acid has been clinically shown to greatly improve 93.75% of study participants’ psoriasis after 2 weeks, while 100% saw improvements after just one month.
SeraDerm is doctor-formulated without steroids or coal tar, and is available without a prescription. It will not lower your immune system’s ability to fight infection, and its special combination of clinically tested ingredients are claimed to deliver two results:
- Allows psoriasis skin to shed more quickly, and
- New, healthy skin to form in its place.
Though the topical spray begins working immediately, according to the SeraDerm site, most users will experience a general reduction in flaking and scaling after just a few days, and noticeably less irritation after one week. After one month, most will experience a significant reduction in redness and irritation.
In addition to psoriasis, SeraDerm can also be used to treat “severe dandruff along the hairline or scalp.” Regardless of where it is used though, the company recommends that SeraDerm be applied twice daily per area, which can be increased to as many as 4 applications per day for severe conditions.
As with any medication, your results with SeraDerm may vary. Also, although the company claims it can be used by anyone, it’s always best to talk with your dermatologist beforehand.
SeraDerm Pricing & Refund Policy
SeraDerm is currently only available through the New Vitality website, and a 30-day supply is priced at $29.95, including free shipping. For this price you’ll receive:
- 2oz SeraDerm Psoriasis & Sebhorrheic Dermatitis Spray
- Bonus: 10 Free Medicated Wipes
The promotional video on the product’s website claims that “if you order within the next five minutes” they’ll double your order. However, when we attempted to check out, all indications were that we were only receiving a single bottle of SeraDerm.
As with all New Vitality products, you’ll be automatically enrolled in their autoship program as soon as you place your order. In the instance of SeraDerm, this means you’ll continue receiving a 30-day supply once per month, and your credit card will be charged $39.95 plus $6.99 shipping and handling each time. According to the company, your autoship enrollment can be altered or cancelled at any time, though the number one complaint we encountered cited poor customer service, and difficulty cancelling their autoship enrollment.
All New Vitality products come with a no questions asked, 30-day money back guarantee. Simply contact customer service at (800) 943-6465 or email@example.com to begin the process.
- Claims to reduce pain and redness, stop flaking and scaling, and to eliminate future breakouts.
- Uses salicylic acid as the primary ingredient, which is claimed to be all-natural, and can be used by anyone.
- In a clinical study, 93% of participants saw improvement in their psoriasis after 2 weeks, and 100% after one month.
- 30-day money back guarantee.
- SeraDerm is an “As Seen on TV” product, which as a whole, tend to have lower levels of customer satisfaction.
- There is no formulation information for SeraDerm on the company’s website, so the only ingredients we know about are salicylic acid and green tea leaf extract.
- New Vitality has a strong online reputation for poor customer service, and consistently failing to un-enroll customers from their autoship program, even after multiple requests. In addition, the company has been the subject of more than one class action lawsuit (see here and here).