Based out of Beverly Hills, CA, Slim Science manufactures safe, all-natural supplements that can help you start losing weight in as little as two weeks. All Slim Science products are manufactured in the U.S., and are guaranteed to contain all natural “key ingredients.” However, it’s important to note that while Slim Science claims their products help you achieve certain results, none have been evaluated by the FDA.
Neither the company, nor its manufacturer, has a Better Business Bureau rating, and online reviews appear to be scarce. From a social media perspective, the company only has seven Facebook likes, and does not appear to have a Twitter account (despite being listed on the company’s homepage).
How Slim Science Works
Slim Science products contain a mixture of traditional ingredients, such as L-Tyrosine, Gymnema, Mucuna Prurien, and L-Carnitine, in addition to patented ingredients like:
- CitriMax®: An extract of the fruit Garcinia cambogia. This ingredient essentially makes it easier for your body to inhibit fat synthesis, and to reduce your appetite.
- Satiereal®: Derived from saffron, this ingredient helps you lose weight by making you feel less hungry.
- Meratrim®: A blend of the Sphaeranthus indicus flower and the Garcinia mangostana fruit, this supplement helps you lose weight in as little as two weeks.
- Carnipure®: Based on the L-Carnitine amino acid, this supplement helps turn more of your body’s fat into energy.
According to the company, you need to take one tablet three times per day (30 minutes prior to each meal), and will see results in as little as two weeks. Slim Science products are non-habit forming, safe and non-toxic, and are free of any kind of stimulants.
Slim Science Products, Pricing, & Refund Policy
Slim Science products are sold exclusively through SlimScience.com, Amazon.com, as well as GNC, and come in two formats:
- Slim Science Thermogenic – The patented Meratrim® and Carnipure® ingredients are claimed to help increase your metabolism and burn additional body fat. Price: $59.99 ($47.00 for GNC members).
- Slim Science Appetite Suppressant – Uses six key ingredients, including Super CitriMax® and Satiereal®, to help you achieve a healthy weight, reduce you calorie intake, and suppress your appetite. Price: $59.99 ($47.99 for GNC members).
Shipping directly through Slim Science is $4.99 (large quantities will be calculated independently), while GNC.com charges a flat rate of $1.99 per order.
If you’d like to make sure Slim Science is right for you prior to ordering a one-month supply (90 capsules), you can sign up for their “free” 14-day trial. While you won’t pay for the product, you will be billed $4.99 for shipping and handling, and will also be enrolled in their autoship program. This means that unless you cancel within 18 days, Slim Science will automatically begin sending you 30-day supplies, and will bill your credit card $59.99 plus $4.99 shipping and handling. However, you can cancel this at any time without further commitment.
Slim Science Refund Policy
All Slim Science products come with a 30-day money back guarantee, less shipping and handling charges, which begins the date your order was shipped. However, it’s important to keep in mind that this guarantee only applies to orders placed directly through the company. For orders placed through GNC.com or Amazon.com, please see their respective refund policies.
In order to begin the refund process, you’ll need to contact the Slim Science customer support department at 800-205-9038, and obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA). When you return your product, you’ll need to include this RMA on the outside of your package, otherwise it will not be accepted, and your refund will be delayed.
Bottom Line: Is Slim Science a Scam?
While Slim Science does appear to be a legitimate company, they are extremely new to the market. In fact, during our research, we noticed that several things on the company’s website changed, which appears to be under development.
With this in mind, there is simply too little information available as to whether or not:
- The products perform as advertised, and
- If they are safe to consume.
Because of this, we would recommend holding off purchasing any Slim Science products until additional customer feedback becomes available. However, if you do decide to buy one of the Slim Science supplements, it may be less expensive to go through GNC, especially if you’re a member, or through Amazon.com.