The Stone Wave promises to make you a gourmet chef by allowing you to cook gourmet meals in your microwave in just a matter of minutes.
You can use the Stone Wave, a TeleBrand product sold under the As Seen on TV brand, to cook eggs, baked desserts and for cooking healthier meals that you can eat right out of the Stone Wave. TeleBrand is based in Fairfield, NJ.
The Stone Wave is dishwasher safe and because the ceramic is supposedly non-stick, it does not require oil to be used, meaning the meals it makes are healthier. Stone Wave's inner cooking area measures 4.5 inches in diameter. The entire item is 6.5 inches in length and 3.5 inches in height and holds about 12 ounces.
How Stone Wave Works
Stone Wave has a chimney that allows steam to escape, while the domed lid circulates heat evenly, infusing flavor into the food being cooked. The allegedly handmade ceramic stoneware's surface is supposed to be nonstick, eliminating the need for extra butter, fats or oil. It also features a special hollow handle that stays cool enough to hold after cooking.
The Stone Wave is only meant to be used in the microwave and comes with a cookbook that gives you several meal ideas. Most of the ones featured on the website involve simply popping in the ingredients and putting the Stone Wave into the microwave for the required amount of cooking time.
The Stone Wave website has many reviews by professional consumer rating shows and seems to have garnered positive reviews from these shows. However, actual consumer reviews are less favorable, with many people saying there is nothing really special about the Stone Wave but it does work, although not exactly as well as depicted by the commercials. Many people say it is not worth the money to buy and several people refute the non-stick claim.
Stone Wave Pricing, Shipping & Return Policies
You can purchase a Stone Wave for $10, plus $6.99 for shipping and handling. You also have the option of getting a second Stone Wave for an additional $6.99 in shipping. So, for a total of $23.98, you get two Stone Waves, plus a free 5 Minute Recipe Guide.
If you want to return your Stone Wave, you simply return the product within 30 days for a refund of your purchase price, excluding shipping and handling. You will also be responsible for the cost of shipping it back to TeleBrand.
To return the item, follow the return information that is shipped with each package. Send all returns to the address indicated on your packing slip/invoice.
Along with your return, be sure to include the following:
- Your order number and/or your complete name, address, and billing phone or email address
- A detailed explanation regarding your reason for returning the item(s)
- Information about whether you would like a refund or a replacement
- Does appear to cook food quickly and easily.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Can hold the handle after cooking without protection or risk of burn.
- In the FAQ section of the Stone Wave website, it states that for optimal results, oil should be used to prevent food from sticking, making both the health claims and the non-stick claims dubious.
- Several reviewers have said this is a waste of money, with some saying the food does not turn out the way it is depicted in the commercials and many saying it is not non-stick.