Manufactured by Big Boss and distributed by E. Mishan & Sons, Inc., Swirlio is an “As Seen on TV” countertop kitchen appliance that allows you to make delicious desserts without preservatives, processed sugars, or dairy fats. According to the company’s website, you can “turn ordinary frozen fruit into yummy soft serve desserts in seconds.”
Neither Swirlio nor Big Boss are not listed with the Better Business Bureau, but despite having 103 closed complaints within the past three years, E. Mishan & Sons, Inc. does hold an A+ rating. Likewise, online reviews for Swirlio appear to be nonexistent, so we were unable to gauge overall customer satisfaction levels. However, regarding frozen fruit dessert-makers in general, the most common complaints include difficulty cleaning, the quickness with which the dessert melts, and that nearly all recipes are banana-based.
How Swirlio Works
Similar to the Dessert Bullet, Swirlio is a kitchen appliance that claims to allow you to turn ordinary frozen fruit into delicious, nutritious soft serve desserts. As a result, it’s claimed that you can now enjoy all the deliciousness of ice cream, without any of the associated preservatives, processed sugars, dairy fats. The Swirlio is also claimed to be ultra quiet, as it does not use metal blades to break up your fruit.
In order to use your Swirlio, simply pre-slice your frozen fruit, add it to the main chute, and press down with the “wand,” and out will come a delicious treat that has the same consistency as soft-serve ice cream or frozen yogurt. According to the company’s website, Swirlio provides you with full fruit extraction for maximum efficiency, and easy cleanup so you can get on with your day.
Swirlio Pricing & Refund Policy
The Swirlio is currently available directly from the manufacturer for two payments of $19.95 (or one payment of $39.90), plus $8.95 shipping and handling. For this price, you’ll receive:
- 1 Swirlio countertop appliance
- Two free bonuses - Topping dispenser and 50-page recipe book
During our research we found that the Swirlio used to be available through Amazon.com, though it is currently listed as being out of stock.
All Swirlio units come with a 30-day money back guarantee, less shipping and handling charges. To initiate the return process, simply call customer service at 855-721-3332 or visit them online at www.customerstatus.com.
- Countertop appliance that can make delicious, nutritious desserts from whole fruits.
- Can help you and your family eat healthier without all the associated preservatives, processed sugars, and dairy fats.
- Claims to be easy to clean up.
- 30-day refund policy (less S&H).
- “As Seen on TV” product, which tend to carry lower levels of customer satisfaction.
- As with most other frozen fruit dessert makers, most recipes rely heavily on bananas to provide a smooth texture, so if you’re not too fond of bananas, you may want to think twice before ordering.
- Appears to be a newer product, as no online reviews exist.