About Phenix Timeless Eyes
Timeless Eyes by Phenix is a concentrated anti-wrinkle cream that claims to reduce signs of aging skin around the eye area, quickly resulting in a brighter, more youthful looking set of peepers. The Phenix brand is created by beauty expert Gina Rivera, who also owns Phenix Salon Suites, a fast-growing salon franchise that has been featured on the hit CBS series, “Undercover Boss.”
The skin around your eyes is ten times thinner than other skin on your face, and it ages 36 percent faster. So, it’s no surprise the area needs a little extra TLC. But what’s with the dreaded trio of under eye bags, puffiness, and fine lines? What causes them and can a product like Timeless Eyes really make them stop?
Puffiness, Bags, and Fine Lines, Oh My!
Undereye bags and lines are simply a natural part of aging. As the tissue structures and muscles that support your eyelids weaken, the skin around your eyes starts to sag. To make matters worse, the space below your eyes can start to accumulate fluid, making it appear puffy and swollen.
However, this dreaded trifecta isn’t caused by time, alone. There are several additional factors that can make eye bags and puffiness worse, including:
- Fluid retention caused by changes in the weather, your hormone levels, or eating salty foods
- Not getting enough sleep
- Allergies (especially if your puffiness is accompanied by redness and itching)
- Heredity (under eye bags especially can run in families)
Can a Product Banish Under Eye Bags, Lines and Puffiness?
When considering if products like Timeless Eyes can help with your under eye bags, puffiness and lines, it’s important to remember that the FDA distinguishes between “cosmetics” and “drugs,” and that no over-the-counter product, including eye creams, can permanently change the structure of your skin—which is really the only way of erasing under eye lines and tightening bags for good.
With that in mind, under eye bags and puffiness can be reduced. In fact, it’s important that you do! By allowing puffiness, in particular, to remain, the under eye skin can actually get stretched out and permanently sag.
Proven Ways To Nix Eye Puffiness
Some puffiness is genetic, and no eye cream—whether Timeless Eyes or another product—will erase or reduce it. Instead, there are surgical treatments and more aggressive therapies that can help. These include laser resurfacing, chemical peels, and filler injections.
But if your bags come and go, fluid retention is probably the cause. Thanks to the pull of gravity, morning facial puffiness is usually gone by lunchtime. If you want to speed things up, try placing a chilled eye compress, cold water-soaked tea bags, or cucumber slices over your lids for five minutes, as cold constricts blood vessels and reduces swelling.
For extra de-puffing power, look for eye creams with caffeine in them—it’s known to help tighten. Gently press on the bones around your eyes as you apply it, the pressure helps stimulate circulation and drain excess fluid.
What’s Known to Banish Under Eye Bags
No eye cream alone will reverse sagging once your skin begins its downward slide. Only surgery gives you truly long-term improvement. For those who want faster and less-costly results, artfully applied eye makeup is your best chance at making under eye bags less noticeable.
How to Limit Lines and Wrinkles
Every time you smile, frown, yawn, or squint, the skin around your eyes crinkles up. Eventually, as the collagen levels diminish, your skin literally stays scrunched, and deeper creases take the place of fine lines.
To rescue your eye area from wrinkles, a few ingredients are essential. The first is retinol, a vitamin A derivative that rebuilds collagen levels and helps smooth fine lines. (Tretinoin, the stronger, prescription-strength version, also known by brand names like Retin-A and Renova, yields faster, more dramatic results but can irritate the delicate eye area.)
Antioxidants like green tea and vitamin C, which help skin retain collagen, are effective wrinkle reducers, too. If your skin is especially sensitive, swap vitamin A products for peptides — proteins that also stimulate collagen growth.
But do Timeless Eyes’s ingredients provide any of these same benefits?
Can Timeless Eyes by Phenix Help Under Eye Issues?
Timeless Eyes by Phenix claims to help wake up tired looking eyes by diminishing stubborn dark circles and smoothing the fine lines or textures around the delicate eye area.
Timeless Eyes also claims to improve the skin's clarity and diminish any bags or puffiness you may have. The product’s advertisement claims that the results of this cream are quick, dramatic and that based on your skin type, the results will last anywhere from 8-10 hours.
What Does Timeless Eyes by Phenix Include?
The list of ingredients for Timeless Eyes per www.gettimelesseyes.com is:
- Sodium Silicate - Is included to maintain a stable PH.
- Magnesium Aluminum Silicate - A naturally occurring mineral derived from refined and purified clay that is used primarily as a thickener in cosmetics and beauty products.
- Iron Oxide - Iron oxides have been used in the coloring of cosmetics since the early 1900s and are used to give not only cosmetics, but any skin product, its color.
- Phenoxyethanol - Phenoxyethanol prevents or retards microbial growth, and thus protects cosmetics and personal care products from spoilage.
- Ethylhexylglycerin - Is used as a skin-conditioning agent and has been shown to help increase cellular turnover. Although Ethylhexylglycerin is generally considered safe, it has been found to be an irritant to the skin in two studies, causing allergic contact dermatitis.
- Acetyl Hexa-Peptide8 (Argireline) - Commonly referred to as “Botox in a jar” because it’s believed to inhibit the release of neurotransmitters and relax the facial muscles- thus reducing expression lines and wrinkles.
The last ingredient listed, Acetyl Hexa-Peptide8, appears to be where Timeless Eyes packs its punch. Unfortunately, proof of the ingredient’s benefits is scarce. However, one study published in the International Journal of Cosmetic Science did show a 10% concentration of Argireline to reduce wrinkles by 30% over a 30-day period.
How To Use Timeless Eyes by Phenix
Timeless Eyes is intended for daily application. After cleansing your eye area, but before applying lotion or makeup.
To use, apply a small amount to your ring finger and lightly using a tapping motion apply the product from the corner of your inner eye to the outside, concentrating on your most troubled areas.
Be sure not to rub the product in, since it can air dry. To speed up the drying process, use a fan or a blow dryer on a low, cool setting. Timeless Eyes takes up to two minutes to fully dry, after which you can apply your facial lotion and makeup as normal.
Timeless Eyes Cost and Return Policies
For $19.99 plus $5.99 shipping ($25.98 total), you will receive one, 3 m.l. tube of Timeless Eyes by Phenix. The advertisement emphasizes that there is enough product in one tube to last for 45 applications.
Each order of Timeless Eyes by Phenix is backed by a “30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee,” less the cost of shipping. Merchandise returned after 30 days may be exchanged or refunded in the form of store credit.
Bottom Line on Timeless Eyes by Phenix
Phenix founder Gina Rivera enjoys a positive reputation, and it’s possible that her beauty products may come to enjoy the same.
If you do suffer from under eye bags, puffiness, and lines, there are several lifestyle changes suggested to help:
- Use a cool compress. Wet a clean washcloth with cool water. While sitting up, apply the damp washcloth to the skin under and around your eyes for a few minutes using mild pressure.
- Get enough sleep at night. For most adults, seven to eight hours a night is a good amount of sleep.
- Sleep with your head slightly raised. Add an extra pillow or prop up the head of your mattress. Or, elevate the entire head of the bed a few inches. This helps prevent fluids from accumulating around your eyes as you sleep.
- Reduce allergy symptoms. Avoid allergens when possible, and see a doctor if they persist.
Finally, use brightening eye drops for an inexpensive and sure fire way to fake looking awake, even on bleary mornings.
Do you have any tips for camouflaging dark circles? Have you tried Timeless Eyes by Phenix? Share your opinion in the comments below!
3 out 4 people found this review helpful
Love this stuff.
This stuff works better than anything that I've tried. I'm in the process of ordering more.
Bottom Line: Yes, I would recommend this to a friend