By offering customers products at “far greater discount than anywhere else,” 1Sale is an online shopping destination that claims to provide “the absolute lowest prices on the items consumers truly want and need.” In fact, the company claims to have saved their customers more than $2 billion over the past 6 years, and to have more than 500,000 visitors each day.
1Sale was founded by in 2007 by Ben Federman, and is operated by 1SaleADay, LLC, which shows 2 locations through the Better Business Bureau: One in Brooklyn, NY with a D- rating and more than 400 closed complaints, and another in Miami, FL, with a C rating and nearly 1,000 closed complaints. With this in mind, most customer complaints appear to reference defective/incorrect items, non-delivery of products, and failure to honor their refund policy. Outside of the Better Business Bureau, online customer reviews appear to be primarily negative, with poor customer service, extremely long shipping times, and defective items/items that were in poor condition ranking as the top complaints.
How 1Sale Works
1Sale claims to offer big savings on a wide variety of products across five different categories, including:
- Electronics – TV & Home Theater, Computers & Tablets, Audio & Gaming, and more.
- Home & Family – Kitchen & Dining, Sports & Outdoors, and more.
- Watches – Hundreds of designs of Men’s & Women’s watches.
- Jewelry – Rings, Earrings, Bracelets, and more.
- Fashion – Men’s, Women’s, & Children’s Apparel, Footwear, Sunglasses, and more.
Whichever items you’re looking for, 1Sale offers them in three different selling formats:
- Top Sellers and Hot Deals, which run until stocks are depleted.
- Daily Deals, which begin at 12am ET and run for 24 hours. If an item is especially popular, it may reappear at a later date.
- Sell Offs, which “feature a new deal every 30 minutes for 30 minutes.”
If you find an item you like, simply add it to your cart and complete the checkout process. However, keep in mind that products sold through 1Sale are either new or refurbished, which, along with any applicable warranties, will be specifically stated under the item’s specs. Also, if you like to shop on the go, 1Sale offers Android and iDevice apps, which are free to download.
1Sale Pricing & Refund Policy
Because products sold through 1Sale cover a wide variety of categories, pricing can range from just a few dollars, to several hundred. However, all products sold through the website include free UPS shipping.
While 1Sale claims to have a satisfaction guarantee, we learned that refunds are only available for defective items, which must be returned within 21 days. In order to begin the refund process, you’ll need to contact customer service and obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number.
- Claims to offer great deals on a variety of items across five different categories.
- According to several reviews, 1Sale may even lose money on some items in order to build a “buzz.”
- Free UPS shipping on all orders.
- 1-3 day response time for customer support requests, and numerous complaints of poor customer service.
- Extremely long shipping times.
- Refunds only available on defective items.
While 1Sale claims to be actively addressing many of their customers’ concerns, the company appears to have an extremely poor online reputation. Here’s why:
First, in the promotional video on the company’s About page, it’s explained that 1Sale attempts to keep as few products on hand as possible. While this may help the company’s bottom line, it appears to result in extraordinarily long shipping times—often as long as 4-6 weeks.
On top of this, in the event that something goes wrong with your order, there is no phone number available to speak with customer support. Instead, there is only an email address, which the company admits will take anywhere from 1-3 days for you to receive a response.
Next, we read countless complaints during our research that claimed items received were in poor condition, and/or were not the same items that were originally advertised on the company’s website. To add insult to injury, when customers contacted the company to request a refund, they were often told their return would be subject to a 25% restocking fee.
Bottom line: If you plan on ordering an item from 1Sale, keep in mind that even though you may score a great deal, it might end up causing far more frustration than it’s worth.
1 out 2 people found this review helpful
I was a big fan in 2012/13, but in 2014, emails would take long to respond and very often stock replies. When their so called rebate card for $20 expired, I requested an extension as CA law specifies that gift cards cannot expire. After many emails, I gave up. Having been a long time customer, I was frustrated. Guess what, I bought nearly $1000 from their competitors - DailySteals. And all my friends and family were all warned.
Bottom Line: No, I would not recommend this to a friend