About 911 Tax Relief
If you own more than $10K in IRS debt, 911 Tax Relief claims to help you settle your tax debt, avoid tax liens and levies, stop wage garnishments, and more. In addition, the company claims that their highly qualified tax attorneys can provide 100% legal protection from the IRS, which ultimately takes the burden off of you.
While it’s true that almost no one enjoys paying taxes, the penalties for not doing so can be steep, including wage garnishment and even seizure of your assets (e.g. car, home, etc.), regardless of the state in which you live. With this in mind, if you find yourself in a situation such as this, can 911 Tax Relief’s debt relief services really lighten your tax burden, or are they just another way to lighten your wallet? Let’s find out.
The 911 Tax Relief Process
According to the 911 Tax Relief website, their debt relief team includes tax professionals, licensed agents, and in-house staff that have years of experience in determining the best course of action for their clients. And because they understand all the tax rules and procedures, 911 Tax Relief can help mediate and resolve even the most common or complicated tax issues.
Although 911 Tax Relief has offices in CA, IL, FL, NY, and TX, the company claims that they’re licensed in all 50 states and can help clients nationwide. The company also claims that they provide individualized service and direct communication with the IRS, which means that the person working with you will be the same person who will work with the IRS.
With this in mind, 911 Tax Relief’s debt relief process is claimed to work over 5 steps:
- Step 1: Contact the company at 866-499-1156 or fill out an online form.
- Step 2: A Client Services team member will gather information, which will then be passed on to the Mediation & Resolution department who will analyze your case.
- Step 3: 911 Tax Relief will begin working with the IRS to resolve your tax situation by first addressing any discrepancies in what you owe.
- Step 4: You’ll be presented with a proposed resolution, along with any fees the company has accrued during the previous steps. After you’ve signed an agreement, 911 Tax Relief will officially begin working on your case.
- Step 5: You tax debt will be settled with the IRS, at which point 911 Tax Relief may recommend other services that can help you from ending up in the same position again.
911 Tax Relief Pricing & Refund Policy
911 Tax Relied provides free evaluations, although the associated fees will be specific to your case. However, we read numerous customer reviews claiming that fees ranged between $1K and $2K.
Can 911 Tax Relief Help Reduce Your Tax Burden to the IRS?
If you find that you owe more than $10K to the IRS, should you enlist the services of a debt relief company such as 911 Tax Relief? Maybe, but consider the following:
First and foremost, keep in mind that there are no guarantees that 911 Tax Relief will be able to reduce the total amount of taxes you owe, that they will be able to set up a payment plan, or that any payment plans they agree to will be comfortably affordable.
In other words, it’s possible that you could be out any money paid to 911 Tax Relief and still not be in a better position with the IRS than when you began.
Overall, it appears that 911 Tax Relief has a mostly positive online reputation. However, some of the more popular online customer complaints appeared to reference:
- That the company was no help in reducing the amount owed.
- That agents would take up to a week to return voicemails/emails, and even then, it was difficult obtaining case information or updates.
- That customers could have done the same thing themselves, and saved themselves thousands of dollars in the process. We even read more than one review claiming that a payment agreement was reached with the IRS without first consulting with client.
If you owe more than $10K to the IRS, you’re probably looking for all the help you can get. As such, it appears that the majority of customers who’ve used 911 Tax Relief have been pleased with their services, which is something that you might experience as well. However, keep in mind that there are no guaranteed outcomes, which means that in the end, you could spend thousands without anything to show for it.
1 out 1 people found this review helpful
I'm not happy with 911 Tax Relief
911 Tax Relief just kind of let my case slip through the Cracks. They charged me $1800 to do absolutely nothing but reduce a $17,000 tax debt to $12,000+ knowing I wasn't working and couldn't pay that. They never even followed up with me. it;s quite obvious they're in it for the money and could care less about genuinely trying to help customers. It turned me off from using their tax services again.
Bottom Line: No, I would not recommend this to a friend