Abidexin uses a combination of ingredients shown to help individuals lose weight by boosting metabolism, shedding unwanted fat, eating less by curbing hunger, and increasing energy, all without a “jittery” feeling.
Abidexin is manufactured by NutriPharm, LLC based out of Salt Lake City, UT, who claims to have been in business for 9 years. However, the company is not listed with the Better Business Bureau, and online reviews regarding the supplement appear to be primarily negative. Some of the most common complaints we encountered during our research cited failure to work, adverse reactions to caffeine, and nausea.
How Abidexin Works
Abidexin is a nutritional supplement that claims to reduce body fat, decrease hunger cravings, increase energy, and improve focus. The supplement is made in the USA, and includes the following ingredients:
- Caffeine Anhydrous 210mg – A stimulant that is claimed to boost thermogenesis and mental clarity.
- Green Coffee Bean 200mg – High in chlorogenic acid, this extract has been shown to help individuals lose weight.
- GreenSelect Phytosome Green Tea 150mg – A patented ingredient claimed to be clinically proven to “help you lose weight faster.”
- Irvingia Gabonensis 150mg – A West African tree that may help individuals lose weight.
- Coenzyme Q10 50mg – A naturally occurring antioxidant that helps convert food into energy.
According to the Abidexin website, you can take anywhere from 1-3 capsules prior to eating breakfast and lunch, depending on your weight loss goals. With this in mind, the company claims that less than 2% of users may not experience any benefits from Abidexin. Also, while you may lose weight by using Abidexin alone, the company recommends using it in conjunction with healthy eating habits and exercise.
Abidexin Pricing & Refund Policy
If purchased directly from the manufacturer, Abidexin is priced as follows:
- 1 Bottle: $49.95, plus $4.95 S&H
- 2 Bottles: $79.95 with free shipping, plus 1 free bottle of 72 Hour Cleanse
- 3 Bottles: $109.95 with free shipping, plus 1 free bottle of 72 Hour Cleanse
Abidexin comes with a 90-day satisfaction guarantee, less shipping and handling charges. If you’re dissatisfied for any reason during this time, contact customer service at 866-917-0541, Sales@Abidexin.com, or via live chat to begin the refund process.
- Claims to help individuals lose weight by reducing hunger and increasing energy.
- 90-day money back guarantee.
- Numerous methods of contacting the company.
- High price, especially considering that 1 bottle may only last you 10 days.
- Most common complaints include failure to work, adverse reactions to caffeine, and nausea.
Bottom Line – Is Abidexin a Scam?
While we don’t necessarily have any reason to believe that Abidexin is a scam, there are some important points to consider.
First, the nutritional supplements industry as a whole is rife with unsubstantiated and overblown claims. In other words, most of the science backing up efficacy is often “thin,” or in many instances missing altogether. With this in mind, the Abidexin website does provide links to five studies which are claimed to show the efficacy of its ingredients, though we found a substantial amount of information during our research that possibly casts doubt on this. For example:
- One WebMD article claims that, “Some small studies show that Irvingia gabonensis seed extracts might help reduce weight in people who are overweight, especially if combined with a low-calorie diet. But this research is poor quality.”
- Regarding Green Tea: “Taking a specific green tea extract (EGCG) seems to help moderately overweight people lose weight. But green tea doesn’t help people keep the weight off.”
- Regarding caffeine: According to the Mayo Clinic, 200-300mg per day should be acceptable for most individuals. However, we read numerous reports of individuals feeling jittery and/or having trouble falling asleep while taking Abidexin.
Next, according to this article, “Many of the ingredients in this supplement can be found in other more cost effective supplements. And if you drink coffee already you may not notice any effects at all.” Even the Abidexin website states, “Results in Testimonials are atypical and individual results may vary. All testimonials achieved results with a healthy diet and exercise.”
Also, it appears that several ingredients have been removed from Abidexin’s original formulation. This may be due to the fact that Abidexin is a rebranding of the company’s previous product, Apidexin.
Finally, Abidexin comes with a fairly high price, especially considering the fact that one bottle may only last you 10 days, depending on your level of consumption.
Abidexin never delivered
I placed my order a while back after the five business days for delivery. I contacted the customer support line which by the way is the lousiest I have ever dealt with. I was told that a second shipment was sent out and it is at the end of the five business days again for this shipment and I still have not received my order of Abidexin. For both of these orders, I received USPS tracking number and neither one of them have ever been found. I believe this is a major scam. Stay away.
Bottom Line: No, I would not recommend this to a friend