About Cerebral X
Calling itself a revolutionary, clinically proven smart pill, Cerebral X is a dietary supplement that promises to help you think faster and be smarter–all thanks to a proprietary formula of ingredients.
The makers of Cerebral X state that their product can eliminate brain fog, boost your energy and focus levels, and even help restore your memory, all without any dangerous side effects. They claim that the secret to its effectiveness lies in its unique ability to improve signal transmission in the brain, supporting learning and functioning processes to provide results.
Supplements that alter we way we think and process information like Cerebral X can be broadly classified as nootropics, of which there are thousands on the market today. In order to understand how Cerebral X specifically might be able to deliver on the claims made above, we first need to take a look at how these supplements work within the body. In the following section, we’ll do just that.
How Nootropics Like Cerebral X Can Affect the Brain’s Performance
Nootropic supplements tend to be meant to enhance certain key areas of the mind, particularly in regards to creativity, memory, and focus. The mind itself is extremely complex, however, and the exact processes and regions that govern these aspects are not entirely known to science.
There’s a good reason for this: according to HowStuffWorks, there are over 100 billion nerve cells in the brain. These cells are called neurons, and they have the unique and incredible ability to send signals to each other while also organizing incoming signals and making sense of them. These signals are commonly referred to as neurotransmitters, and they have a hand in everything that we do as living organisms.
Though different manufacturers describe the effects of nootropics in various ways, the core concept is that these “brain pills” change the way our neurotransmitters behave. At the end of the day, how these signals are modified (and what occurs as a result) largely comes down to the individual ingredients used in a supplement’s formula.
There is still much science has yet to confirm about the general effectiveness of nootropics and other mind-enhancing supplements, and until research provides further clarity, all we can do is evaluate the known effects of a particular product’s ingredients (in this case, those of Cerebral X).
Cerebral X Ingredients & Potential Side Effects
No ingredients were listed on the supplement’s website as of this writing, so we reached out to customer service, who told us that the product includes just four ingredients in its formula: Vitamins B3, B6, B9, and B12. So, do any of these show promise for delivering on the company’s primary claims?
According to information from authoritative sources such as WebMD, Examine.com, and the Mayo Clinic, while vitamin B9 might be useful for vision loss, and vitamin b12 may help those with kidney diseases, none of these vitamins have been found to exhibit conclusive clinical evidence that they are capable of restoring memory function, boost energy and focus levels, or eliminate brain fog.
When we asked again, we were told that this was all the information customer service had one hand.
Cerebral X Pricing & Return Policy
As of this writing, Cerebral X was available through the manufacturer exclusively as part of a free trial pricing structure. This means that the initial supply will cost just $4.95 at checkout, which will kick off your 14-day trial.
After this period is up, you’ll be automatically billed the full product price of $84.71 and entered into the company’s autoship program. This means you’ll continue to be charged this amount month after month until you call customer service to cancel at 888-963-8460.
As for the return policy, you can return the trial supply within the first 14 days, though no refunds are given for the shipping and handling fees. Outside of the trial period, only unopened, unused products are eligible for a return. You can call customer service at the number above to initiate this process.
How to Purchase a Nootropic Supplement Like Cerebral X
We mentioned earlier on that there are thousands of different nootropic supplements on the market today, and here at HighYa, we’ve reported on hundreds of them over the past few years. Based on what we’ve learned from our research, as well as information taken from our readers, we feel that in general, a good approach to purchasing a nootropic supplement has three major parts:
- Identify the issue you are facing. Before jumping into a purchase prematurely, slow down and take a moment to determine what you are struggling with that has led you to seek out external help. Do you struggle to get enough done in the day? Do you feel as though you need an edge in your professional or social life? You might be able to try these six natural ways to increase productivity first.
- Do your research carefully. Always look into a company’s claims and ingredients before pulling the trigger on a nootropic supplement. Authority sources such as WebMD and Examine.com are great for seeing what ingredients have been shown to be clinically effective, and consumer advocacy sites like HighYa and others are ideal for getting a feel for what real users are experiencing.
- Settle on a product, but know the details going into the purchase. Once you’ve identified a supplement that you feel provides enough clinical evidence to support its effectiveness, be sure to read through the terms and conditions carefully, making note of any autoship programs or free trials employed by the company. Also ensure that you fully understand the return policy before entering in your credit card information.
In addition to following the process outlined above, keep the following considerations in mind when searching for an effective nootropic supplement online:
- Supplement manufacturers like the ones who make Cerebral X are not required by the FDA to back up any claims they make with verifiable evidence.
- Our readers have noted before that they were unaware of being enrolled in autoship programs until after the charges start rolling in (always check the terms and conditions).
- Based on our experience, many products in the supplement industry utilize extremely similar website designs, claims, and even ingredients to each other.
- Concentration and dosage amounts are just as important as knowing the ingredients in use in a particular formula; always look for both pieces of information in order to truly evaluate a product’s effectiveness.
The Bottom Line: Will Cerebral X Make You “Limitless”?
The makers of Cerebral X claim that the supplement will give you limitless potential, helping to achieve things you previously thought impossible in regards to mental productivity, but is this really what you can expect?
Based on what we’ve learned, the four ingredients customer service detailed to us do not show sufficient evidence of their ability to deliver on the company’s primary claims, according to sources like WebMD, Examine.com and the Mayo Clinic.
When you couple this with the potentially costly (if not canceled) autoship program, and the inability to return opened products outside of the trial period, as consumers ourselves, we feel that it would be difficult to justify a purchase without additional information.
Instead of making a hasty purchase, we might first suggest talking to a doctor directly about a solution that is tailored to your individual needs and lifestyle. This way, you can ensure that your hard-earned money is going toward a solution that’s effective for you in the long run.