About Clever Cool
Do you prefer sleeping on your side, but toss and turn all night because your legs and back ache?
Clever Cool—a “revolutionary” gel memory foam knee pillow—can help by straightening your pelvis, leveling out your back, and improving your body’s natural alignment, leading to reduced joint stress and muscle pain. How? Using a dual-layer design:
- Cooling Gel Memory Foam: A thin outside layer that can help cool and soothe on contact by diffusing heat instead of absorbing it. This way, you’ll be able to stay cool and comfy all night.
- Comfort Memory Foam: The inner, thicker layer that conforms to the curves of your legs and reduces pressure and discomfort, so you can “rest without the stress.”
You’ve got a lot of questions about Clever Cool, so we’re going to break everything down step-by-step in this review. To begin, let’s find out if there are any other products like it.
How “Revolutionary” Is Clever Cool?
Search online for “knee pillow” or “memory foam knee pillow” and you’ll be met with dozens of results, some of which feature the same basic design as Clever Cool, while others couldn’t be more different.
What you’ll quickly learn is that many of these companies use a single layer to form their knee pillows, while Clever Cool features the dual Cooling and Comfort foam layers. So, at least from this perspective, Clever Cool seems to be unique. But we might not go as far as saying that it’s “revolutionary.”
Why? Let’s move on to the next section to find out.
A Closer Look At Clever Cool’s Design
Despite the fact that it features two layers instead of one, we’re not necessarily convinced that Clever Cool’s design will provide any real-world results. For example, cooling gel in general can provide improved breathability and less heat retention, but it doesn’t actually “cool on contact” like the Clever Cool website claims.
On top of this, even if Clever Cool straightened your pelvis and aligned your spine exactly as the company claims, this doesn’t mean you’ll find it comfortable. Two main reasons why this might be:
- Everyone’s physiology is different, so comfort is a personal opinion. What might work perfectly for you could be the worse choice ever for someone else. In other words, you might find an aligned spine less comfortable than your current sleeping situation.
- An aligned spine might not be the source of your discomfort, which could stem from old injuries, chronic conditions like arthritis, improper bedding (e.g. mattress firmness, pillow loft, etc.), and much more.
Despite these concerns, how much will you pay for Clever Cool?
Will Clever Cool’s Price Cause You To Lose Sleep?
Two Clever Cool knee pillows are priced at $14.99 plus $9.98 S&H and come with a 60-day money back guarantee, less S&H charges.
Thinking about processing a refund? By the time everything’s said and done, this means you could lose more in S&H charges than you’ll get back as a refund!
Nonetheless, you can request one by calling Allstar Products Group’s customer service line at (855) 818-8299. Just who is this company, anyway?
Is Allstar Products Group a Superstar?
Allstar Products Group is a top contender within the ASOTV industry. The company’s been around for years, and is responsible for some really big hits, including Secret Extensions, Wobble Wag Giggle, Perfect Bacon Bowl, and many more. Are customers happy?
Overall, customer feedback for APG’s products seems to be mixed (here on HighYa as well as elsewhere online), and generally have 2-star average ratings. In most instances, customers seem to commonly reference three main complaints:
- Don’t work as advertised. This really runs the gamut, from not working at all to slight disappointment with performance.
- Speaking of not working at all, the second most common complaint revolves around poor quality. Again, this might reference anything from not working right out of the box, to failing after just a few uses.
- Poor customer service. A lot of customers complain that when they call customer service, they’re met with unknowledgeable staff and constant upselling.
We’ve reviewed hundreds of ASOTV products over the years, and we can confidently say that nearly every company receives essentially identical complaints, whether APG or someone else. And of course, Clever Cool could be an exception to the rule.
When it comes to Clever Cool though, where does all of this leave you?
Clever Cool: The Right Choice For You?
As we alluded to above, a comfortable night’s sleep involves a lot of very personal factors, so Clever Cool could work perfectly—or end up working as the perfect torture device. There’s simply no way to know without giving it a try, which if you’re dissatisfied, could cost you upwards of $20 in non-refundable S&H charges.
What to do instead? We’d recommend you start by reading The Top Pillow Picks For Each Position along with 9 Simple Ways To Improve Your Sleep. This will give you a head start in finding the right pain-free sleeping solution. But remember: If you continuously experience pain and discomfort while sleeping, your best resource might be your doctor, who can recommend options based on your specific diagnosis.
1 out 1 people found this review helpful
Have not received mine
I ordered over a month ago.
I have not received a confirmation email, nothing at all to say I purchased anything. How do I get in touch with them, if anyone knows, please let me know.
Bottom Line: No, I would not recommend this to a friend