You have NO control over your clients, your money or your business. Any semblance of this is just that...a mirage, a facade, or feigned.
Worst experience with any platform, ever. I can't see any platform ever topping this, either. I'm not trying to be mean. This is utterly ridiculous to the point of being borderline insane. I, personally, have never felt so trapped in my life and I have been in situations of domestic violence.
There is literally zero protection for sellers. ZERO. To say I'm flabbergasted at the lack of support would be a DRASTIC understatement.
The frustration with this is beyond anything I've ever experienced and I have been in sales my whole life (over 20 years), owned my own sales offices with over 100 incredibly different and quirky employees, over 250,000 customers and have been selling online specifically for over 6 years on multiple platforms. Never, EVER, has there ever been an absolutely PTSD inducing experience such as the one we've had with Cratejoy. The support system and system as a whole is absolutely reprehensible. There honestly is not a word in the English language to describe it.
1. Customer service reps are not educated on policies, or they are just instructed to bend them as they please. They are also essentially their own "manager" as there is no-one to monitor performance or any "checks and balances" system. If a rep does not "like" you, be prepared for your business to suffer. There is absolutely no professionalism or accountability taken on Cratejoy's part. Period.
2. Customers seem to be encouraged to leave negative feedback.
3. Subscription School is a Cratejoy owned Facebook page that is supposed to be for helping out sellers but bans sellers and deletes comments/threads who mention anything bad about Cratejoy or its employees. There is literally a pinned post on the top warning sellers not to mention problems or anything bad or you will be banned. (The fact that it even had to mentioned at all signals a problem in itself and should tell you something.)
4. If you try to get support and mention something Cratejoy views as "bad" and you will be punished for it. Whether it be with contacting subscribers, lack of support, no response reviews or all of the above.
5. Absolutely NO responsibility taken for errors on Cratejoys part, better to just blame it on the sellers (NOT a good business model, nor is that sustainable).
6. Sellers are essentially "trapped" on Cratejoy platform if they offer multiple months subscriptions.
7. Fees are outrageous, and when you don't offer customer support (the SELLER is their customer btw, I think they are totally unaware of this though) then things can go a little sour. The fees on top of the monthly are so high that once you break it all down with the cost of the box you are losing money even on a $50 subscription. The longer you stay with Cratejoy the more truthful this will become for you as you start slowly hemorrhaging money.
8. Cratejoy is only supposed to force refund in extreme circumstances, yet they will actually refund any time they want, without notice or reason, and then will blame it on the seller, once again because they take zero responsibility for anything they do.
9. Cratejoy takes recognition and profit for sales they did not generate. This is, in my opinion, theft! You put in the work to generate the lead, they take the credit. It costs you 10% of the sale on TOP of their fees. They even take fees on shipping. Fees on top of fees on top of fees on top of fees. It is not hard to see where a click to a site came from, they are fully aware these are not their leads.
10. Does not "offer" phone support. (This is for a REASON. Open your eyes!)
11. Almost impossible to move platforms and retain YOUR subscribers. Without moving to another platform, re-branding and starting all over, there is really no escape.
12. Review system is incredibly flawed.
13. Support also only responds to what they feel like. It if is bad, don't expect a response at all, EVER. (Not kidding, not even a little bit)
14. Customers can charge back MONTHS after receiving all of their packages.
15. Zero follow through on promises.
I should have read Cratejoy's own reviews other sellers have already left regarding this before ever signing up for this.
We have held back on even reviewing the company for fear the box will be "punished" for the review.
Maybe if the review system wasn't so flawed and allowed subscribers to leave multiple reviews in a row (which is against their own policy) that take days if not weeks to get a response on to get them removed and before the box was even marked shipped or was scheduled to ship this would be about 1/4 as terrible. The review window opens immediately, also non-verified purchases can leave multiple reviews (i.e., a subscriber can tell all their friends to leave reviews too and nothing will be done). This is more like an escalating day long back and forth between you and the customer than it is a review system at all. All you get is "we're working on a solution to the problem." Great. Thanks. In the meantime, all the hours we've put in (not to mention the money) will just continue to swirl down the toilet.
Remember this: YOU are putting in the work, you are purchasing the product, you are packaging it, maintaining customer care, you are essentially running your own business and all the time spent on this is YOURS and yours alone. Cratejoy is only the medium. You are paying them for a "service" every month and a certain level of care is to be expected because of this. Cratejoy is well below the bar in all aspects and should not be considered under any circumstance when looking for a subscription platform.
You also have to write in and wait days to post a response to a review, too. In the meantime customers are reading these, just thinking nobody cares to respond. Then come the charge-backs from others who get scared, then come the reviews referencing the first reviews that shouldn't have been allowed there in the first place. On what planet does that seem functional? What a joke. We've really tried everything possible to make it work and really held back on leaving this review for quite some time because we wanted to give the benefit of the doubt even though all the flags were there, but ultimately decided due to actions and repeated problems that others DO need to be warned.
All in all, I give this 0 stars. Zero. Because of lack of support and the way the marketplace is set up, I do not see this ever improving. Dastardly. Contemptible. Vile. Underhanded. Despicable. Cowardly. These are all words I would use to describe Cratejoy.
All in all, if you are considering it, DON'T. If I can help anyone see what I didn't beforehand, then this review will have not been in vain.
Bottom Line: No, I would not recommend this to a friend