I ordered my Gravity Blanket back in October, and I can safely say this is some of the worst customer service I've had in a long time. There were a ton of issues, but it really ultimately boiled down to poor communication and stringing their customers along.
For those who don't want to read my whole experience, this is basically their formula for dealing with customers:
-TIME OF PURCHASE: Transaction goes through, they send you a promised delivery date (i.e., you will receive your blanket by the holidays).
- IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE YOUR PURCHASE IN TIME: No communication. No one will tell you what's happening. In order to get an update of any sort, you need to go on their website and use the chat system to contact them (Intercom).
- CONNECTING WITH THEIR REPS: Their reps are bound by templated emails, which I'm assuming they are not allowed to tailor to responses. Don't expect them to help with your unique situation.
- DEALING WITH YOUR MISSED DELIVERY DATE: The rep will likely tell you something about them having way too many orders and offer you a new delivery date (mine was the end of January 2018). If you agree, that will be the end of the interaction.
- REQUESTING A REFUND: If you ask for a refund, they will counter with an offer to refund 10% of your purchase for your trouble. I highly recommend going to this stage first, as they don't seem to offer any compensation for their mistakes and issues unless you threaten them with this.
- ACTUALLY GETTING A REFUND: If you insist on a refund, you'll get it. At least I did - no real apology beyond the template or anything. Remember, you are a pawn to them.
Here's my actual experience:
Once I placed my initial order, I received a notice that I would receive my order by the holidays. I started a customer support thread with their representative, Kristi, who assured me that my order would arrive by the promised date. That never happened.
I sent a rather frustrated email to Kristi, who sent another email saying that they were backlogged and would have it delivered by end of January. I let them know that I would hold them to that date, and if they did not fulfill their promise, I would be pursuing a refund.
This is where I realized that Gravity's customer service reps do not actually tailor their email responses to each individual customer. In fact, every email I have received from Gravity was a templated message which did not quite fit my inquiry. My above message was responded to with a message, essentially saying "I see you want a refund. Have a $25 (10%) refund on us for your troubles." That's not what I was asking for. This happened a lot during our back and forth conversations over the months.
Ultimately, they never did deliver by the end of January, and I demanded a refund. They unceremoniously gave it to me and went on their way.
TL;DR The company does not provide updates on your order unless you badger them. They will only provide templated responses to your questions. If you threaten a refund, they will offer your 10% back on your purchase to stop you from leaving. Ultimately, they have not delivered on any of their promised delivery dates.
Bottom Line: No, I would not recommend this to a friend