About LuxHair by Sherri Shepherd
Available in 15 multi-blended, salon-inspired colors and three styles, LuxHair by Sherri Shepherd is a line of wigs that promises to give you the gorgeous hair you’ve always wanted, with the freedom to change your style every day.
Every LuxHair wig is made from soft Keralon fibers that look and feel like real hair, and that can be cut, curled, and styled (even using heat!) without worry. And you can care for them simply by washing and brushing, just like real hair.
They also feature a Comfort Cap that’s “so light and breathable that you’ll forget you’re wearing a wig,” in addition to adjustable clips that help ensure a perfect fit.
According to Sherri, her LuxHair wigs provide “hundreds of different ways to be you” and work over five steps:
- Pin or wrap your hair.
- Apply a wig cap.
- Adjust the wig to fit.
- Put the wig on back to front.
- Style and accessorize.
Combined, this is why Sherri tells us that she’s sold hundreds of thousands of LuxHair wigs to date.
But are they really ready for “fun, fashion, and fabulousness,” or are there better options for your money? We’ll explore the most important questions here.
A Wig For Every Head: Which Is Right for You?
Admittedly, if you’re thinking about trying out a wig for the first time, you might be a little intimidated by all your options, as well as choosing one that meets your needs. According to Wigs.com’s buyer’s guide, they recommend looking at the four Cs:
1. Cut – Unless you want to try out a drastic new hair style, you might want to start with something that closely matches your current one. Oval faces can typically accept all kinds of different cuts, while round faces might work best with a geometric or linear style.
Square faces often work best with curly texture and wisps around the face, while heart-shaped faces might be best served with some hair over the forehead and close proximity to the eyes, with more fullness around the jaw.
2. Cap Size – Measure the circumference of your head to determine your best size. While we’re not told exactly how much you can fine tune LuxHair’s options, many adjustable models feature about 2” of leeway that will fit 95% of customers.
3. Composition – Now, you’ll have to choose between real human hair, or synthetic options like LuxHair (we’ll talk more about this in a second). Human hair (obviously) tends to look more natural and presents the most versatility, but is also typically the most expensive.
Synthetic hair, on the other hand, is often more affordable and requires less maintenance than real hair, but is typically less durable (generally a 4–6-month lifespan with proper care).
4. Cap Features – We’re told that each LuxHair wig features an adjustable Comfort Cap, which appears to be a basic version that offers durability and affordability, along with better ventilation and lift.
Depending on your needs, though, other cap options might provide more value, such as 100% hand-tied, monofilament, and lace front.
What About the Keralon Fibers Found In LuxHair Wigs?
While we didn’t encounter any additional specifications for Keralon, it seems to be a proprietary material owned by the same company that manufactures LuxHair wigs. As such, we can’t know exactly how they’ll perform one you have a LuxHair wig in your hands.
With this said, keratin is a fibrous structural protein that makes up the outer layer of human skin, as well as the nails and teeth. More flexible and elastic versions also make up hair strands.
According to WiseGeek, “Keratin is formed by keratinocytes, living cells that make up a large part of skin, hair, nails, and other parts of the body.” As a result, while LuxHair’s wigs claim to feature a similarly-named product, they won’t contain any keratin.
Will they look, feel, and move like real hair? Can you style them, even with heat? Let’s see what we can learn from customer reviews.
Are There Any Customer Reviews for LuxHair Wigs?
Taking a look at wig-specific websites like EspeciallyYours.com and Wigs.com, as well as Amazon, Sherri Shepherd’s LuxHair lineup seemed to come with mostly positive feedback from customers at the time of our research.
There, common compliments referenced attractive appearance, quality construction, comfort/good fit, and ease of use.
On the other hand, more than one customer complained about unrealistic texture and color, improper/uncomfortable fit, and wigs that were different than advertised (e.g. different volume, texture, color, etc.).
Obviously, since a lot of this is based on personal preference, there’s no way to know if you’ll experience the same without placing an order. But how much will this cost you?
What Styles & Colors Are Available for LuxHair Wigs? How Much Do They Cost?
LuxHair wigs are available in 15 salon-styled colors: Natural Black, Dark Brown, Medium Brown Gold, Light Ash Brown, Copper Auburn, Auburn Highlight, Blonde Auburn Brown, Dark Platinum, Carmel Blonde, Silver Grey, Golden Brown Auburn Highlights, Auburn Blonde, Dark Grey, and Medium Red Rooted.
You’ll also find three different styles, along with several sub-styles, to choose from, including Pixie (Textured, Feathered, Feather Lite, Wavy), Bob (Smooth & Chic, Curled, Smooth Wave, Lite Touch, Tapered, Sleek), and Curls (Soft, Casual).
If purchased directly from LuxHair, they’re priced as follows:
- Textured: Three payments of $19.99, or single payment of $59.97
- Feathered: Three payments of $19.99, or single payment of $59.97
- Feather Lite: Three payments of $23.33, or single payment of $69.99
- Wavy: Three payments of $19.99, or single payment of $59.97
- Smooth & Chic: Three payments of $19.99, or single payment of $59.97
- Curled: Three payments of $23.33, or single payment of $69.99
- Smooth Wave: Three payments of $23.33, or single payment of $69.99
- Lite Touch: Three payments of $26.66, or single payment of $79.98
- Tapered: Three payments of $19.99, or single payment of $59.97
- Sleek: Three payments of $23.33, or single payment of $69.99
- Soft Curls: Three payments of $23.33, or single payment of $69.99
- Casual Curls: Three payments of $26.66, or single payment of $79.98
All single payment orders come with free shipping. The manufacturer also offered a special at the time of our research where you’d receive a fourth wig for free after adding three to your cart.
If you don’t like your LuxHair wig for any reason, you can send them back within 30 days for a full refund, less S&H charges. To request one, you’ll need to contact customer service at 844-531-8901.
Who Is Sherri Shepherd?
Sherri Shepherd first grabbed America’s attention after playing roles on popular shows like The Jamie Foxx Show, Suddenly Susan, Everybody Loves Raymond, and Less Than Perfect.
Sherri also worked as co-host on the popular daytime TV show The View between 2006 and 2014, appeared in the musical production Cinderella, hosted Nickelodeon’s NickMom Night Out special, and appeared on season 14 of Dancing with the Stars.
During her time in the limelight, Sherri has been nominated for Emmy Awards for Outstanding Talk Show Host(s), People’s Choice Award, Screen Actor’s Guild Award, and more.
According to the LuxHair commercial, Sherri started her own line of wigs because she wanted to get the styles she saw on other people, with easy, no-fuss use.
She also tells us that she loves how wigs can give you the freedom to try just about any hairstyle, without doing anything to your real hair.
Is LuxHair by Sherri Shepherd Right for You?
Based on everything we’ve discussed here, just like any other consumer product, no single wig brand will match everyone’s needs, depending on personal preferences, face shape, and more.
With this said, while most of LuxHair’s customers seemed pleased with their experiences, it’s important to keep your expectations realistic. For example, if you’re looking for lower priced options that can provide a decent selection to match your mood, but for relatively little money, then LuxHair might meet your needs.
On the other hand, if you’re expecting LuxHair to look, feel, and style exactly like real human hair, or like much higher-priced wigs, then you might end up disappointed.
Either way, Sherri Shepherd seems to stand behind her wigs with free shipping (if paid for all at once) and a 30-day refund policy, so you’ll be out little more than time—and a few dollars in return shipping—if you’re not satisfied.
Were you pleased with your LuxHair wig from Sherri Shepherd? Why or why not? Give us all the juicy details in your review below!
2 out 2 people found this review helpful
Ordered two different styles and after 5 weeks I never received the order. There is no phone number or email address to contact the company for assistance. Don't waste your money.
Bottom Line: No, I would not recommend this to a friend