About Reclaim Botanical
Manufactured by Principal Secret and based out of Arden, NC, Reclaim Botanical uses powerful, scientifically proven plant-based ingredients that claim to help you look up to 10 years younger. The company was formed in 1991 by actress Victoria Principal after she searched for skincare products that worked well with her sensitive skin.
Related: The Ultimate Skincare Guide
The Reclaim Botanical website claims that based on 12-week clinical study, 100% of participants noticed an improvement in their skin. However, no references or citations are made for this study, so we were unable to confirm its accuracy.
From a customer satisfaction standpoint, Principal Secret has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, and overall positive online reviews. With what complaints we could find, the most common included dislike of the autoship program, and ingredients that are known to cause greasy/irritated skin.
Reclaim Botanical Products
Reclaim Botanical claims their products are rich in plant-based ingredients such as Vitanol PS, which is derived from alfalfa, and APT-GC-BP, which is derived from marine algae. This is in addition to peptides such as Argireline and the trademarked Secretinol. Products are not available in stores, and are only sold directly through ReclaimBotanical.com, as well as QVC.com.
With this in mind, the company offers the following skincare products:
- Gentle Cream Cleanser – Removes makeup and skin impurities without harming your skin.
- Radiant Recovery Fluid Eye Cream – Reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, puffiness, and dark circles around your eyes.
- Daily Essential Serum – This product is intended to even your skin tone, as well as improve its healthy appearance.
- Radiant Recovery Day Cream SPF 15 – This cream works to moisturize your skin and to give it a healthy glow, while also protecting it from the damaging effects of sun exposure.
- Synant Peptide – Designed specifically to be used at nighttime, this product reduces fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots.
- Radiant Recovery Night Cream – Claimed to “work in harmony with the body's natural nighttime repair rhythm,” its effects include reduced fine lines and wrinkles, and a firmer-looking complexion.
- Radiant Firming Neck Cream – Works to firm the skin around your neck and décolleté.
- Radiant Recovery Moisture – Uses marine-based ingredients to give you an “extra boost” of moisture.
- Smooth Skin Scrub – Uses Carnauba Beads and Pomegranate Powder to polish your skin and bring out its natural glow.
- Green Myrtle Clay Mask – Uses French Green Clay to decrease pore size and to reduce your skin’s oiliness.
Reclaim Botanical Pricing, & Refund Policy
While Reclaim Botanical does manufacture individual products, they are not sold as such. Instead, they’re offered in kits:
- 6-Piece Basic Kit – Includes Gentle Cream Cleanser, Radiant Recovery Fluid Eye Cream, Daily Essential Serum, Radiant Recovery Day Cream SPF 15, Synant Peptide, and Radiant Recovery Night Cream. Price: $39.95.
- 8-Piece Deluxe Kit – Includes everything featured in the 6-Piece Kit, with the addition of Smooth Skin Scrub and Green Myrtle Clay Mask. Price: $49.95.
Whichever kit you choose, you’ll also receive the Radiant Firming Neck Cream and Radiant Recovery Moisture as “free bonuses.”
The 6-Piece Basic Kit comes in 30 or 90-day supplies, while the 8-Piece Kit is only available in a 90-day supply. It’s important to keep in mind that you’ll automatically be signed up for their autoship program, which means a new kit will be sent to you on a regular basis, and your credit card will be charged accordingly. The 30-day kit will cost you an additional $5.95 for shipping and handling, while the 90-day kit comes with complimentary shipping.
Reclaim Botanical kits come with a 60-day “bottom of the jar” money back guarantee. This means that if you’re unsatisfied with your purchase any time during the first 60 days, you can return the unused portion for a full refund, less shipping and handling charges.
- Claims to use mostly plant-based ingredients, and works well with all skin types.
- Claims to be “scientifically-proven” and backed by 10 years of research.
- Relatively low price for the amount of products you receive.
- Some customers have expressed dislike of automatic enrollment in the autoship program, and that some of the products have caused skin irritation.
Be careful using this line of products!
If I could give a zero rating, I would!
Please be careful if you choose to use this product line. I used the prior/first line of principal secret products for years (pink caps) then decided to try the Reclaim line. My facial skin used to be really nice and creamy looking. After using Reclaim my skin became red and irritated. I immediately stopped using the product, but my face now is permanently blotchy and red.
I do not recommend the Reclaim line! I also called the customer service line to advise them and try to at least get a refund or go back to the older advanced line, but they wouldn't do anything to help me. Just told me to stop using the Reclaim line. Dah! Unsatisfied with no resolution!
Bottom Line: No, I would not recommend this to a friend
1 out 1 people found this review helpful
Younger looking skin!
I've used Reclaim Botanical faithfully for seven years, and my skin is smooth and youthful. My dermatologist and a facialist have told me to continue using this line because my skin looks great! I added the scrub for exfoliating. My students don't believe I'm 62; honestly, I look ten years younger. I am so happy to be able to tell other women about this skin care!
Bottom Line: Yes, I would recommend this to a friendView all 2 commentsHide comments
Jan 25, 2018
I would love to use principal secret but I live in the UK. They don't export it to us, I am so disappointed. Anyone have any advice? Please contact me. Thank you.
Dec 10, 2018
Hi, can you tell me why they don't ship to the UK now? I was a loyal customer for years.
2 out 3 people found this review helpful
I have been using principal secret products for years and I love them. A little goes a long way. I just wish they had a website to order from.
Bottom Line: Yes, I would recommend this to a friendView all 1 commentsHide comments
Sep 18, 2015
Thanks for sharing your experience here today. Have you tried their website located at www.principalsecret.com to order more?