In business for more than 15 years, SlimVibes claims to be the “original online wholesaler of Whole Body Vibration machines,” and to have “shipped thousands of great vibration power machines to every part of North America.” SlimVibes also claims that whole body vibration technology has “been heavily researched and reviewed,” though this may not necessarily be the case (see the Bottom Line section for additional information).
SlimVibes is based out of Vancouver, British Columbia, and has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, with just one closed complaint over the past three years. Unfortunately, online reviews regarding SlimVibes are essentially non-existent, so we were unable to gauge overall customer satisfaction levels during our research.
How SlimVibes Works
SlimVibes claims that their “team of fitness experts, designers, and engineers have spent years developing and designing the best machines in the marketplace,” and that they can be used effectively for weight loss, increasing muscle tone and circulation, boosting hormone levels, increasing bone density, and more. In addition, the company claims that their machines can work for every body type in “just a few minutes a day.”
With this in mind, SlimVibes offers three different types of whole body vibration machines:
- Level 1: Oscillating – The most common whole body vibration machine, which is typically used for weight loss. One side of the platform goes up, while the other side goes down, similar to a seesaw. This is claimed to simulate a walking motion, and features a low speed but high amplitude (e.g. range of motion).
- Level 2: Triplanar – Most effective for improving bone density, increasing blood circulation, and for strength training. Uses a similar platform motion to the Level 1 machine, but features high speed and low amplitude. Instead of moving up and down like the Level 1 machine, the Level 2 machine’s platform moves in three directions; up and down, left and right, and front and back.
- Level 3: Multi-Movement or Dual Motion – Can be used for both weight loss and strength training. This is because Level 3 machines feature two different drives that mimic the characteristics of both Level 1 and 2 machines. When compare to single motor vibration machines, Level 3s can help you burn twice the calories, while also activating twice the number of muscles.
Now that we know a little more about what the different whole body vibration machines are claimed to do, let’s take a closer look at the products sold by SlimVibes:
Level 1 Machines:
- Farfalla Zone – An economical, entry-level machine that features wide handles and easy grips for beginner users.
- VP 5500 Slim – Can be used in home or commercial settings, and claims to be easy to use and reliable.
- VP 5500 Classic – A professional machine most often used by trainers and studios. Features the patented "premium oscillation" motion mechanism, which allows for smooth operation.
- G-Force Econofit – A professional, commercial-grade machine that features high g-force for the ultimate workout.
- Tech Master M6.0 – Features simulated dual motion with oscillation and buzzer vibration.
Level 2 Machines:
- Ultravibe 7000 – Includes the “revolutionary” tri-acceleration technology, which provides whole body vibration.
- Ultravibe 6100 – A medical unit that features column controls for easy adjustments.
Level 3 Machines:
- VP Genesis Elite – Features multiple built-in programs, as well as the patented Quantum drive system that claims to use up to 70% less energy.
SlimVibes Pricing & Refund Policy
SlimVibes products are priced as follows:
- Farfalla Zone: $1299
- VP 5500 Slim: $1199
- VP 5500 Classic: $1433
- G-Force Econofit: $1595
- Tech Master M6.0: $1599
- Ultravibe 7000: $1697
- Ultravibe 6100: $1695
- VP Genesis Elite: $1999
You can also purchase a variety of accessories, which range in price from $8.95 to $599.
If necessary, SlimVibes also offers 6-month and 18-month financing options for qualified buyers.
All products purchased through SlimVibes can be returned within 7 days of receipt, less shipping and handling charges.
Bottom Line: Is SlimVibes a Scam?
By all appearances, SlimVibes is a legitimate company that has been in business more than 15 years, and has a very high Better Business Bureau rating. With this in mind, the company is not a scam. However, what do experts have to say about the effectiveness of whole body vibration? Let’s take a look:
Whole body vibration was originally used by Russian cosmonauts for training purposes, and has recently increased in popularity in the United States. The intense vibration on your feet tricks your brain into thinking that you’re falling, which results in extremely rapid muscle contraction. Most manufacturers claim that this muscle contraction can help increase strength, improve circulation, help you lose weight, and much more. But is there any merit to these claims?
The bottom line is this: While whole body vibration has been shown to help those who are unable to perform regular exercise to stimulate muscles and improve circulation, any claimed benefits beyond this are unsubstantiated by medical evidence. This means that despite the high price tags of these machines, you’ll likely not experience many (or most) of the benefits touted by manufacturers.