About Starfire Cigs
Starfire Cigs claims to be a “premiere” brand of e-cigarette that allows you to smoke “virtually anywhere,” and to offer more cartridge flavors than any other company. In addition, Starfire Cigs use a food-grade vegetable glycerin (versus propylene glycol), which is claimed to give them a smoother taste.
Based out of Destin, FL, Starfire Cigs has an A- Better Business Bureau rating, which is fairly big accomplishment considering the company has been in business since 2011. Online reviews appear to be primarily positive, and customers were satisfied with performance, though the most common complaints we came across included short battery life and relatively “cheap” appearance.
How Starfire Cigs Work
According to the company’s website, all Starfire Cigs are 3.4 inches long, and look and feel just like the real thing. However, unlike real cigarettes, Starfire Cigs don’t actually burn anything, and only produce an odorless, glycerin-based vapor (similar to fog machines).
Similar to VChic, Starfire Cigs e-cigarettes work by atomizing liquid contained in a cartridge, which simply screws onto a battery (the middle and end parts of a traditional cigarette—e.g., in front of the filter). Unlike VChic though, because Starfire Cigs have smaller batteries, they can only last about 80 puffs before needing to be recharged.
With the promise to offer “everything you love about smoking without the hassle,” Starfire Cigs’s Starter kit includes:
- One Personal Charger Case (PCC) – Looks like a regular pack of cigarettes, but charges your batteries wherever you go, while also holding up to six flavor cartridges. Can charge your battery up to 10 times before needing its own recharge. Available in black or white.
- Two Rechargeable Batteries – Uses lithium ion technology to last longer, and recharges in 1.5 – 2 hours. Available in black with blue diamond tip, or white with a red diamond tip.
- “Free” Pack of Five Cartridges – Choose between flavors such as premium tobacco, Turkish tobacco, menthol, vanilla, cherry, and more, in addition to strong (24mg), medium (12mg), and zero (0mg) nicotine strengths. Each cartridge is equivalent to about one pack of cigarettes and “contains food-grade vegetable glycerin, water, nicotine (except in zero nicotine cartridges), natural flavors and/or artificial flavors, and/or citric acid.”
- Wall Adapter – 110v wall adapter (220v version also available for Euro customers).
- USB Charger – By blinking intermittently, the diamond tip LED will let you know when it’s time to recharge. The USB charger plugs into the included wall adapter, and charges your Personal Carrying Case, or even your battery directly. Can also be used with a personal computer.
Starfire Cigs Pricing & Refund Policy
Note: You must be at least 18 years old in order to purchase any product from Starfire Cigs. Pricing is as follows:
- Starter Kit: $59.95
- Cartridges: $10 per pack (5 cartridges). Can be purchased in “cartons” of 11 packs for $99.90.
- Disposables (Available in all flavors, these are single use electronic cigarettes that cannot be recharged): $7.99 each, or buy 10 for $79.90.
- Accessories: A wide range of items priced between $10.95 and $29.95.
- e-Hookah (Offers a long design and silver-tipped mouthpiece, similar to a hookah. Disposable.): $9.99.
As of the time of this writing, Starfire Cigs is offering free shipping within the U.S. if you sign up for the company’s autoship program, or if you spend more than $100. If you decide to go the autoship route, keep in mind that you’ll be sent an identical order every 30 or 60 days (you decide) with free shipping, and your card on file will be charged accordingly. This program can be amended or cancelled at any time. Non-autoship shipping rates are $9.95 for Standard, and $19.95 for Express.
Also, keep in mind that when you purchase a Starfire Cigs product, you can use your account information to write a review on the company’s website. For every review you write, you can earn rewards points, which can ultimately be redeemed for free merchandise.
All Starfire Cigs products come with a one-year warranty and a 30-day money back guarantee, which does not include shipping and handling charges (unless due to the company’s mistake). Simply contact customer service at 800-258-3420 or email@example.com to begin the process. For full refund details, please click here.
- E-cigarette that has been on the market for a couple years, and has a solid track record of customer satisfaction.
- Claimed to be more environmentally friendly.
- Competitively priced.
- Cartridges are pre-filled, and use food-based glycerin instead of propylene glycol.
- Introductory video is thorough and easy to follow.
- Smaller battery results in a more realistic feel, but requires more frequent recharging.
- Not a smoking cessation product.
- Since e-cigarettes are relatively new, there is little data on the long-term effects of their use.