About UFC Fit
Anything UFC-related has become immensely popular over the past few years, so you may be interested in learning more about UFC Fit, an exercise program that claims to be the official training and nutrition program authorized by the UFC. As such, the UFC Fit program is claimed to “quickly develop your strength, conditioning & flexibility,” while helping you to shed pounds by burning fat.
But when it comes down to it, will committing to 12 weeks of UFC Fit really give you the results you want, or is it a waste of your money? We worked out the facts, and here’s what we found out.
UFC Fit Details
Hosted by UFC coach Mike Dolce, winner of the 2013 MMA Award for Trainer of the Year, UFC Fit is claimed to implement the same principles he’s used to help world-class athletes achieve success, including striking, grappling, and MMA, but all from the comfort of your own home. On top of this, the Full Intensity Training featured in the UFC Fit program is claimed to simultaneously work all your muscle groups, at the same time and from multiple angles.
As such, the UFC Fit program claims to improve your strength, conditioning, and flexibility, while helping you to lose weight throughout the course of three, four-week segments of Full-Body Intensity Training. With a total of 12 DVDs, you’ll begin a new workout each week, which is claimed to build on the benefits gained from the previous week, while also becoming progressively becoming more difficult.
UFC Fit claims that each of their DVDs are between 23-50 minutes in length, and that they can be used by anyone, as long as you have the desire and determination to achieve your weight loss goals (more about this in the Bottom Line section). These DVDs include:
- Power Punch – Uses compound, multi-joint movements to push upper/lower body and core muscles, while also burning fat.
- Power Pull – Continues with core training, but focuses on pulling upper/lower body muscles.
- Pylo Shred – Fast-paced with explosive, full-body movements that work several aspects, including strength, speed, agility, and endurance.
- Fat Fighter – Keeps your heart rate elevated while working all muscle groups using high-intensity exercises.
- Striker Strength – Uses many of the same pushing exercises as the Power Punch DVD, but with longer, more intense rounds.
- Grapple Strength – Uses many of the same pushing exercises as the Power Pull DVD, but with longer, more intense rounds.
- Ultimate Fit Challenger – Mimics the pace of a UFC competition using high intensity, action-packed workouts.
- Ultimate Fit Champion – Includes some of the toughest exercises from previous weeks and combines them into a single workout.
- Cardio Cross Train – Medium, aerobic-paced exercises implemented through kickboxing.
- Ab Assassin – Low intensity exercises intended to firm and shape muscles surrounding your core and glutes.
- Ultimate Stretch Flex – Low intensity workouts that blend yoga-based stretching and relaxation techniques.
- Shark Attack – Three 60-second rounds of five full-body exercises.
UFC Fit Pricing & Refund Policy
The UFC Fit program is priced at 3 payments of $39.99 (billed every 30 days), plus $18.95 Standard shipping and handling, bringing your total to $138.92. If you choose, you can make one single payment of $119.97 and receive free Priority processing (valued at $14.95).
For this price, the UFC Fit program includes:
- 12 Full-Body Intensity Training workout DVDs
- 12-Week Workout Tracker
- 132-Page Lifestyle & Nutrition Manual: Claimed to include a detailed grocery list, recipe instructions, eating schedule, in addition to tips and tricks provided by Mike Dolce himself.
- 3-Day Shred, which is claimed to help you “get a jump start on weight loss.”
- Bonus Gift: Free 90-day membership to the UFT Fit support community.
UFC Fit comes with a 90-day money back guarantee, less shipping and handling charges. In order to initiate the process, you’ll need to contact customer service at 888-263-6208 in order to obtain an RMA number.
Important note: The manufacturer of UFC Fit claims that they can’t cancel your order once you’ve pressed the Submit button, even if you call 1 minute after placing it. As such, make sure you’re ready to commit prior to ordering.
What Do Other Consumers Have to Say About UFC Fit?
Overall, UFC Fit seems to have a primarily positive online reputation, with most users complimenting the program on its variety of workouts, high level of energy, and that it seems to provide many of the same moves you’d actually find in the octagon. However, by far the most common complaint that customers referenced is that it’s not for beginners, and that you’ll likely need to have a relatively solid fitness base before beginning.
What’s the Bottom Line About UFC Fit?
With all of this in mind, should you purchase UFC Fit and commit to 3 months of training? Maybe, depending on what you’re looking to get out of it, as well as how committed you are. Here’s why:
As with many other DVD-based exercise programs such as P90X3 and Focus T25, you need to be completely committed to pushing yourself as far as possible with each and every workout, and you’ll typically need to work out six days per week. On top of this, you’ll also need to pay close attention to what you eat while following the program’s nutrition program in order to achieve the best possible results.
Next, based on numerous customer reviews we read during our research, it appears that, like other DVD-based programs, UFC Fit might be more relevant if you’re looking to tone up and lose weight. In other words, if your goal is to add lean muscle mass and to bulk up, UFC Fit may not be your best option.
Also, keep in mind that while some of the moves found in UFC Fit are MMA-based, this program will not make you an MMA fighter, which requires years of martial arts training on top of regular, fairly extreme strength and conditioning workouts.
Finally, it appears that you’ll need light and heavy dumbbells in order to complete all of the exercises in the UFC Fit program, which could further increase your overall costs.
If you’re a big fan of the UFC, need to lose weight and/or trim up, are committed to the process, and already have a decent level of fitness, UFC Fit might be right up your alley.
0 out 1 people found this review helpful
Disappointed with quality of DVDs
I am a big fan of the UFC Fit workout. I have been using it for a year now and feel great, but one part that has totally disappointed me was when I got into the last six weeks of my workout, the DVDs didn’t work properly. Grapple Strength, Fat Fighter, Ultimate Fit Challenger, and Ultimate Fit Champion just don’t work, and I am so disappointed. I wanted to make the work part of my everyday life, but I am unable to as the DVDs don’t work What should I do? I really enjoy the workout but what is the alternative to it? Please, someone, assist me.
Bottom Line: Yes, I would recommend this to a friend