I have many products from Eric Theiss that I have purchased and loved them all. This one is the worst! I still have yet to make a meal in this.
1. Lid was very hard to get on.
2. Had the error message E3 several times, called customer service.
3. Steam was leaking from the sides.
4. The cycle would go on and reach pressure (as so I thought) went through the cooking cycle for 30 minutes and went to release the steam and nothing. Pot roast was then put into a pot to finish cooking.
5. Customer service recommended a new seal which I purchased.
6. Put the new seal on and decided to make soup . Now the lid is stuck on with my soup inside. Called customer service again and they will send me a new one but I will have to pay the shipping for the new one at $24.99 and send the old one back which will probably be the same price. Effectively, I can get a new one for $50.00. But WAIT, I can't send it back because there is liquid soup trapped inside and I can't open the LID!
ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS PIECE OF JUNK. I will rethink about buying another Eric Theiss product.
I went out and bought an Instant Pot. VERY DISAPPOINTED AND FRUSTRATED.
Bottom Line: No, I would not recommend this to a friend