Okay, I've read all the reviews and can only surmise that they are paid for.
I bought a pair of these "humidifiers" over two months ago and put them immediately to use in two separate, small bedrooms. Well, all I can say to the positive is that they suck up water, but there is no difference in humidity in either room, and now each of them has black mold spots on them. Mold is NOT a good thing for anyone's lungs.
I would NOT recommend these to anyone.
Bottom Line: No, I would not recommend this to a friend