We've just purchased the Phoenix Free Flight Gold and started using it. After only seven garments ironed, it's going back.
1) The docking device makes the iron unstable on an ironing board.
2) The iron overheated and stuck on a polyester garment even when it was on a lower setting.
3) On a higher setting, the water spits out of many valves and makes the garment damp before it is ironed.
4) The water reservoir is too dark to really determine the water level.
5) The corded docking device is too short so creates a hazard near the ironing board.
6) The docking device takes up some of the ironing board space as you can't readily place it where you'd normally place your iron.
7) The iron is overpriced for the gimmick of excess steam.
Bottom Line: No, I would not recommend this to a friend