By allowing you to add interactive apps to your videos, Viewbix —established in 2011 and based out of New York, NY—provides a way for you to dynamically engage your audience. By including common calls-to-action that appear during your video, such as social media signals, getting in contact, blog/newsletter subscriptions, Google Map views, and much more, Viewbix, allows you to customize each of your videos toward a specific audience.
From a numbers standpoint, Viewbix has a second office near Jerusalem, Israel, is well funded with $2 million in the coffers, and they claim have a 20%+ clickthrough rate. They’re also well represented in the social media world with more than 12K Facebook likes.
How Viewbix Works & Special Features
Viewbix is not a video hosting service, although they do allow you to integrate existing URLs from sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, Amazon Video Services, or another custom URL (note: must be in mp4 format). Instead, Viewbix provides you with the ability to customize the look and feel of your videos, engage your audience, and measure the response.
As far as the number of times you videos can be viewed, your account (see Pricing & Refund Policies) is limited based on two factors: Number of videos, and number of impressions. Keep in mind that an “impression” occurs when your video appears on any type of website, including a third-party page, or even search engine results—not when someone actually presses play with the intent of watching your video.
With that said, once you’re logged in to your Viewbix admin panel, you’ll go from start to finish in four easy steps:
- Copy and paste your video’s URL.
- Specify the type of branding you’re looking to achieve, as well as custom details such as titles, colors, fonts, social media icons, and calls-to-action.
- Choose which apps you’d like to include, such as Skype, Google Maps, Yahoo Weather, RSS feeds, and much more. There are no technical limits to the number of apps you could include, and a full list can be found here.
- Publish your video. Here, you’ll be provided with an embedded code that can be shared electronically, a landing page, and an accompanying URL. To customize even further, you’ll also be able to specify a fixed-width player, or one that is responsive (e.g. the size adjusts based on the scenario).
Viewbix wraps their features up nicely by providing in-depth analytics, including the number of times each video has been viewed, which apps your users are engaging with, video impressions, and more.
Something to Consider When Using Viewbix
It’s no secret that the vast majority of online videos—whether used for business or for pleasure—are hosted by YouTube. After all, the site makes it easy for just about anyone to upload new content, and embed it in the web page of their choice.
However, perhaps the biggest downfall of Viewbix is that YouTube does not support the company’s players or apps. This means that, since the apps must be embedded directly in the videos, the only places your Viewbix videos will be supported are in emails, Facebook and Twitter posts, Viewbix landing pages, or your personal website/blog. So, if you currently promote your videos through YouTube, you would not be able to implement Viewbix without a relatively significant restructuring of your marketing plan.
Viewbix Pricing & Refund Policies
Viewbix offers four different membership plans:
- Basic: A free plan that allows you to upload one video, with a maximum of 500 impressions. With this plan, your video will also include an embedded ad. The Basic plan is typically just used for demo purposes, and really doesn’t provide any marketing advantages, since you won’t have access to video email, analytics, or HD support.
- Gold: The Viewbix Gold plan costs $9.99 per month, if paid one year in advance (or $14.99 on a monthly basis), and is limited to 100 videos and 250K impressions. You’ll also receive email support, analytics, HD support, and auto-plays.
- Platinum: For $19.99 per month (if paid annually—$29.99/month if billed monthly), you’ll be able to host up to 500 videos, and receive as many as 1.5 million impressions. The Platinum package also includes everything in the Gold, in addition to video SEO, phone support, and more.
- Titanium: As Viewbix’s top plan, the Titanium option costs $99.99 per month annually, or $139.99 per month on a month-to-month basis. This includes everything in all the other packages, as well as 2,500-video hosting capabilities, and 10 million video impressions.
Regardless of which package you choose, if you reach or exceed your impressions quota, Viewbix claims that they are very reasonable, and will not immediately disable your video. Instead, they will notify you with friendly encouragement to upgrade to the next highest plan.
If you’re unsure whether or not Viewbix will be the right video advertisement solution for you, you’ll have three days after signing up to request a full refund.