That little harmless-looking GPS plug-in device used by this company was causing a parasitic draw on my 12V car battery. My car battery went dead a couple of months after installing the device. Clueless as what was going on, I took the car (2016 Lexus CT200 hybrid) into the dealership and they replaced the battery with a new one and said I should be good to go. Thirty days later the new battery went dead, so I took the car back to Lexus. They did some testing over the course of several days and determined that there was something draining my battery but they were not sure what it was. They thought it might be my aftermarket stereo and suggested I take it back to the shop that installed it. I brought the car back to the installers and they did the tests with me right there watching and showed me that there was indeed a draw on the battery, but it was not coming from the car stereo. We were perplexed and not sure how to proceed when suddenly a light bulb went off in my head. All the problems started shortly after I enrolled in Metromile and installed that small, innocent looking plug. Low and behold after pulling the plug out, the 100 Milliamp draw disappeared and returned to a normal draw of 2-3 milliamps.
For the life of me, I cannot reach anyone live at Metromile by phone to report this problem, just endless recordings saying they are experiencing a high call volume. I think this money-saving insurer was a big mistake.
Bottom Line: No, I would not recommend this to a friend
16 people found it helpfulLink to this Review