BEWARE of this card! Chase doesn't deliver anywhere close to what they promised.
1. Yes, there are lots of blackouts on route dates and the ability to upgrade your airfare using points: false advertising. They don't call them blackouts, you just can't use points to upgrade or get certain fares or routes on the dates you need. The way Chase tries to lie out of this when the reality is staring then m in the face is to lie some more, "Oh, we don't have any blackout dates, but our airline partners do. What the heck?!
2. They have only seven airline partners worldwide. Couple this with blackouts and you can forget using your miles for upgrades. A scam.
3. Oh, you can buy tickets on the Chase site but watch out as you'll pay far more with points there, and Chase doesn't know fare class. What this means is that you can end up buying a non-refundable ticket that can't be upgraded. Chase will tell you, if you ask, to call the airline and call Chase back. Again what sort of "sham wow" amateur hour is this?
4. Crap interest rate. I pay off my cards but still, since the benefits on this card turn out to be mostly lies, you'd expect a decent rate. Even with top tier credit expect a terrible rate.
5. Incompetent support staff that is utterly clueless. Expect to be transferred a lot with no action.
Bottom Line: No, I would not recommend this to a friend
5 people found it helpfulLink to this Review