When I originally set up an account, I was never informed that I would have to jump through hoops just to withdraw my money. Also, they never informed me that I need to give them my bank ID and password. No way! Here's a copy of the email they sent me during my 6 months of trying to get my money. Their response:
It seems you are not able to access your account, because you are not receiving the 2FA verification code, since you have an old phone number under your account. Therefore, in order to be able to access your account and withdraw your balance, you must update the phone number to access your account through the account recovery process.
Here are the steps to follow:
1. Login normally to your Coinbase account with your username and password
2. Once you have logged in successfully with your login credentials, click on the link "Code not working?"
3. If you do not receive this 2-step prompt when logging in, try clearing your browser cache and/or following the above steps in your browser's "private" or "Incognito" mode.
4. Click on "I no longer own the phone number ending in +1 xxx xxx 1234" (as an example)
5. You will be prompted to start an Account Recovery process for your security codes.
Please note that, while the pictures of the front and back of your ID can be uploaded from files, the photo of your face will need to be taken live by webcam. This process must be completed through the website and cannot be completed using the mobile app.
This process may take 48-72 hours to complete. This process will only work if you are using SMS for your security codes - not an app. You will receive a confirmation that the process has been completed. Then you will start receiving your codes on your new phone. If you do not receive your codes on your new phone, or have any issues, please let us know.
Bottom Line: No, I would not recommend this to a friend