I agree completely with Kristina J from Little Rock.
1. It records when there is no motion.
2. It has a purple flash every other second when recording.
3. The video is garbage. Can't make out anything clearly.
4. Can't make out ANYTHING when it records at night.
5. The battery doesn't last very long at all.
6. It has the wrong date stamp on the video and there's no way to correct it.
I bought this at Bed, Bath & Beyond because I'm trying to catch the jerk that keeps bringing his BIG dog to leave his HUGE deposits on my lawn. What a waste of time and money. I guess I should have known and bought a REAL camera system the first time. I'm taking this piece of crap back and going out to buy a real surveillance system. It won't be cheap, but I guess you get what you pay for.
I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy.
Bottom Line: No, I would not recommend this to a friend