About Genie Bra
The Genie Bra is a seamless bra that claims to give women more comfort and support and better aesthetics than traditional bras. A Tristar Products Inc. product, the Genie Bra also doubles as a camisole.
The Genie Bra has been featured on numerous TV shows and garnered positive reviews from consumer reports shows. However, online reviews are mixed, with many women saying the sizing chart on the Genie Bra website is misleading and caused them to purchase bras that were too small.
Genie Bra Features
Made of 96% Nylon and 4% Spandex, the Genie Bra claims:
- Maximum coverage that is ideal for under low cut tops, sweaters and dresses.
- It is constructed with Everlast, comfort stretch fabric.
- It can be used while sleeping.
- The magic pouch accommodates removable pads for extra lift and coverage.
- Easy to slip in, form fitting seamless construction with soft contour cups.
- Knitted wide support band eliminates the need for underwires.
- Made with the finest craftsmanship.
- Machine washable.
The Genie Bra targets three zones of comfort and control to lift, shape, smooth and support.
- Bust Zone: The soft contour cups with rouched center conforms to a woman’s shape to help smooth and separate the bust while concealing cleavage while the knitted wide support band helps lift and support the bust.
- Side Zone: It helps control under arm and side spillage.
- Back Zone: The full back control panel smooths fabric on the back and minimizes the appearance of back fat.
There are 18 colors to choose from in the following sizes: XS/S, M, L, XL/1X, 2X, 3X, 4X.
Custom Genie Bras are similar to the regular bras, except the straps can be removed and positioned in numerous styles depending on what is most comfortable to the wearer.
There have also been complaints about the quality of the bras.
Genie Bra Pricing, Shipping & Return Policies
Genie Bras come in sets of threes and the price depends on if you want the bras with pads or without and which style of bra you order.
- A set of three bras in classic colors of white, black or beige without pads will be $19.98.
- A set of three bras in the classic colors with pads is $29.97.
- A set of three bras available in an additional 15 colors with pads is $29.97.
- A set of three Custom Genie Bras with pads in the classic colors is $59.97.
- A set of three Custom Genie Bras with pads in an additional six colors is $59.97.
All products can be purchased with one or three payments.
The Genie Bra apparently comes with free shipping. However, it is not clear if all products have free shipping or just the classic Genie Bra colors. The website does not mention any other shipping rates.
Genie Bra also has a 60-day money back guarantee that promises a refund if you are not fully satisfied with the product. You can also use the Genie Bra Risk-Free Exchange Policy. The policy states that if you order any items from Genie Bra and have picked the wrong size, you can ship it back for free (by getting a pre-paid return label from the company). The company will then ship you the new size for free even before getting the returned bra back.
You can call the customer service center at (973) 287-5154 for more details.
Genie Customer Service Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday at 9:00 am till 8:00 pm EST
Saturday and Sunday at 9:00 am till 5:00 pm EST
- Claims to be a more comfortable and flattering bra for women
- Can sleep in it
- Machine washable
- Money back guarantee and risk free exchange
- Free shipping on at least one product, possibly all products
- Can double as a camisole
- Sizing chart on the website appears to be inaccurate, according to many accounts
- Shipping rates are unclear on the website
Not pleased at all
First of all it let me place my order, then a few days later I get an email telling me it's on backorder. When I finally receive the bra it is very hard to hook the clasp in front. Didn't seem to be true to size, mine didn't come close to fitting. Overall it seemed cheap and not made well. Never again for me.
Bottom Line: No, I would not recommend this to a friend
8 out 10 people found this review helpful
Forget this if you're bigger than a B-cup
I ordered Genie bras after seeing the half-hour infomercial on TV, The operator advised me that I should order XL Genie bras to replace 42D under-wires. Wrong. The backs rolled up when I pulled the bra over my head, and was very difficult to pull down without help from a second person. There was just no support at all for me. The leaflet (and the infomercial) do say to wear two Genie bras, one over the other, for added support: I found that to be tight, hot, and uncomfortable.
I had made the mistake of washing the bras (to remove the fungicide, which irritates my skin) before trying one on. The bras are returnable only if the package is unopened, so I was stuck with six bras that were unsuitable for wearing in public. I gave three of them to my less busty sister, who wears them around the house.
I was charged $89 total , including "shipping and handling" and CA sales tax, for a set of 2 white, 2 black and 2 nude color bras, or $15 each! Because I had opened the plastic wraps and washed the bras, they were not returnable. I wore the ones I kept to sleep in, until the elastic became worn out with being stretched out so much.
The Genie bras were easy to hand wash and they do air dry quickly. They survive machine washing and machine drying on "low", but did show pilling after a few cycles.
These might be OK for a woman who is an A-cup or B-cup for casual wear, but even if I were that size, I would not consider these at all proper for office attire or supportive enough for sports. At the price I ended up paying, I could buy a Champion sports bra instead of doubling the Genie bras.
Bottom Line: No, I would not recommend this to a friend