About Rodan and Fields
In business since 2002 and based out of San Francisco, CA, Rodan and Fields was founded on a vision to bring “dermatology-based skincare to everyone.” The company was established by two doctors, Katie Rodan and Kathy Fields, who are passionate about clinically-proven skincare solutions, and how they can change customers’ lives. Rodan and Fields products were initially sold only in high-ends department stores, but have since become available either directly through the company, or through independent sales consultants.
Related: The Ultimate Skincare Guide
Roan and Fields has no rating with the Better Business Bureau, but does have a total of 14 closed complaints within the last three years. Online reviews seem to be mixed, with the majority of complaints referencing high pricing, irritating ingredients, and lack of results.
Rodan and Fields Products, Pricing, & Return Policy
Rodan and Fields products are offered in six primary categories:
- Redefine – Redefine products are intended to address fine lines, skin firmness, and pore health. Products range in price from $5 to $472.
- Reverse – Just like its name sounds, Reverse products are focused on reversing skin damage, including brown spots, sun damage, and overall dullness. Prices range from $41 to $367.
- Unblemish – Intended to focus on reducing acne, as well as its negative side effects, the Unblemish line ranges in price from $28 to $367.
- Soothe – Rodan and Fields’ Soothe products are aimed at individuals with sensitive and/or irritated skin. Products cost between $41 and $160.
- Enhancements – Enhancements products use microdermabrasion and mineral pastes to improve your skin’s condition, and range in price from $16 to $ 77.
- Essentials – The Essentials line contains products such as sunscreens, moisturizers, and supplements, and range in price from $8 to $25.
If you’d like to download Rodan and Fields’ complete catalog for viewing at your leisure, simply click here. Also, because of the number of products offered, and the wide range of skin conditions they’re intended to address, Rodan and Fields offers a “Solution Tool,” which is essentially a one-on-one consultation with an independent sales associate. In order to locate the nearest one to you, you can use the company’s Find a Consultant page.
If you’re not fully satisfied with your Rodan and Fields product, you can return the unused portion for a full refund within 60 days of purchase, not including shipping and handling charges. According to the company’s website, all orders include a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) form on the back of your invoice. While this is a basic overview of the process, full instructions can be found here.
Rodan and Fields PC Perks
When you purchase your Rodan and Fields products, you’ll have the opportunity to sign up for their PC Perks program, which entitles you to the following benefits:
- 10% savings on all products
- Free shipping on scheduled orders
- Access to the PC Perks customer service hotline
- Quarterly e-newsletter
- Exclusive promotions and offerings
According to the Rodan and Fields website, the PC Perks program is activated after your first purchase of $80 or more, at which time you’ll also have to pay a one-time $19.95 enrollment fee. However, it’s important to keep in mind that you’ll also be required to enroll in the company’s automatic deliveries, which means you’ll receive additional products every 60 days, and your account will be charged accordingly.
- Founded by two dermatologists focused on bringing results-oriented skincare to everyone.
- Large product line intended to address all skin types.
- Somewhat expensive when compared to the competition.
- Many customers have complained of irritation-causing (and even unsafe) ingredients.
14 out 15 people found this review helpful
A huge difference.
I'm 72 years old and absolutely nobody believes me. I have been using these products for over a year and they work great. They have hundreds of un-retouched before and after photos on their site and I have seen the same results that I have received in some of my friends who have tired it. I can believe that some folks can get a negative reaction from it just as I would believe someone getting a negative reaction from baby powder. Everyone is chemically different but for me it works great. My only affiliation with the company is that I am a preferred customer, in order to enjoy free shipping and 10% on order discounts.
Bottom Line: Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
2 out 3 people found this review helpful
I used the Redefine system. I used it for about three months. There was a noticeable change in pore size but not a reduction in wrinkles at all. In fact, from reviewing my before and after pictures, the circles and lines under my eyes were more prominent. I also didn't like that you had to order at least $88 every two months. I canceled my "PC perks" account.
Bottom Line: No, I would not recommend this to a friend
4 out 6 people found this review helpful
In reality return policy does not exist
After using the Rodan and Fields 4 product Redefine System and not seeing results, I asked to have my order canceled in the future. I received another order and returned it on February 27th with everything unopened. I never received a refund for that return, and I was sent another order. Confused and concerned, I tried to call Rodan and Fields and received a taped message saying I needed to use their email to contact them and that they were prioritizing returns. I think within two months I should be a priority and I certainly should not have received another shipment.
Having to jump through this many hoops makes me question the return policy and validity of Rodan and Fields as a company.
Bottom Line: No, I would not recommend this to a friend