I purchased I believe around 4 to 6 Pest Reject units. I had one plugged into my bedroom outlet but needed the outlet to charge my phone, and when I removed It from the electrical outlet and went to plug in my phone I noticed one of the electrical prongs was still located in my electrical outlet. When I looked at the back of the unit that plugs into the outlet the area around the prong that was still stuck in the electric outlet looks like the plastic heated up and melted around the area of the electrical outlet still in cased and sticking out of the electrical outlet no longer attached to the unit itself. After viewing the area around the prong missing from the unit you could see the unit had heated and melted around the prong, causing it to become dislocated in the outlet with one prong still located in the unit itself.
This made me worry about all of them I purchased. Obviously these were not meant to withstand the heat conducted through any electrical outlet. I felt these were a fire hazard and advised my husband to remove all of them all through out our home. I’m not sure how many we purchased but my husband threw them all away not realizing I wanted to contact your company to make them aware of the danger. He just assumed you were a company from China where the standards are not the same as the United States.
I did still have the original one I removed from the outlet showing the damage caused from the unit being plugged into a standard electric outlet with the standard electrical current conducted through a normal electrical outlet, which I originally removed from the outlet and found the defect and felt they were a fire hazard. My husband is a subcontractor (who is involved with a large company involved in building schools, Denver International Airport, housing and condo units) advised me to have that kind of damage from electrical outlet is a defective unit or device completely not made to withstand the electrical current of a normal electrical outlet necessary to actually work.
My husband is a builder subcontractor and my brother-in-law is an electrician. After my brother-in-law safely removed the remaining prong from the outlet he reviewed the damage caused to the unit and advised me it is "cheap plastic," as he put it, and was not developed or made to withstand being plugged into a standard electrical outlet carrying the standard wattage in the wall outlets. He also felt I was lucky to have unplugged the unit when I did or most likely would have definitely caused damage to the outlet and possible house fire or fire damage within my home.
I believe you need to review the material being used to fabricate these units in the future and guarantee OSHA’s approved. I feel it is your responsibility to investigate these units further to prevent future fire or human death that could be caused by these defective units. Thank you for your time and please step up and do the right thing for your further customers' safety.
Length of Use: 3–6 months
Bottom Line: No, I would not recommend this to a friend