I'll break my review into three parts:
- Great! Everything was smooth, my online salesman was helpful without being overbearing.
- Contract signing is done via overnight FedEx - wish this was digitized.
- Didn't get regular updates on prep status - the status of the car before it's picked up to be delivered.
- It took them 4 weeks to deliver the car - communication was poor, had to call in requesting updates - even escalated to a supervisor that promised me regular updates, never happened.
- Car was dirty (expected on an open carrier, not a big deal).
- Check Engine light on.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System Error light on.
- Vroom expects you to chase down shops, quotes, facilitate all legwork for diagnostic and repair work.
- Approvals and Payments for repairs were timely - IF you call and make sure they take care of it immediately.
- Generally unresponsive to email responses on "support tickets."
- Put a lot of work on you to get the car registered in your state.
Over-all not sure the convenience factor they hype is worth it. I was shipped a broken car - incredibly disappointing. Took four weeks and daily calls for updates to receive the car. I have to call multiple times a day to be sure work is actually progressing on my support tickets (car is still not fixed presently).
One day of inconvenience at a local dealership ends up being way less of a burden then this hassle has been (and still is).
Bottom Line: No, I would not recommend this to a friend