I like the fact that the shake is low carb and isn't too sweet. It also seems to help with cravings and the taste is decent.
The two-star rating refers to the company and how they treat their customers.
1. They constantly email "free" shake offers. The last time I tried to take advantage of the "free" shake, I was told I wasn't eligible. Fine, no harm, no foul. EXCEPT that they charged me $4.95. When I called the company, they said they had NO RECORD of the charge. My bank account begged to differ. I had to call my bank to get the charge reversed because I would not be receiving a product since the company didn't acknowledge the charge.
2. They bill early. If you have an auto ship, you will get billed at least a week earlier than your recurring subscription date.
3. The emails are ENDLESS and are basically "click bait." It doesn't matter if you unsubscribe.
4. You can't cancel the auto ship on the website. You have to CALL to cancel.
I'm sick and tired of companies who say they're all about the customer but then prove the lie by enacting customer-unfriendly policies. So what I can send back a shake after a year. Big deal. That generous return policy is meaningless when:
- You take my money and have no record of doing it.
- You bill me a week ahead of my shipment date.
- I'm constantly deleting your spam.
- I have to run the customer service gauntlet just to cancel.
I would recommend this product with a caveat; the shake is decent. Only get the auto-ship if cost is a factor and you don't mind being charged a week early. Chances are you will never have a problem, however, if a problem arises, expect a long, difficult, and annoying road to resolution.
Bottom Line: Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
Company Response from BioTRUST
Feb 15, 2018
I hope this finds you doing well. My name is Tim Skwiat, and I am with BioTrust Nutrition. I am deeply disheartened to read your review and to find out you're anything less than perfectly satisfied. Having said that, we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. It's our goal to provide our customers with world-class customer service and an overall positive experience, and we know that there's no one who can better tell us how we can improve than our valuable customers.
I'd like to take a moment to speak to your concerns. I do want to note that given the limited information you've provided (e.g., only a first name and city of residence), I'm not able to locate your customer profile or order history. However, if you would be so kind as to email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, I assure you that we will look into everything as thoroughly as possible.
1. With regard to the offer you mentioned, we do send customers a free sample-size container of our protein. We only ask that customers help by paying the cost of shipping and handling, which was $4.95 in this case. While we advertise free protein, we make every effort to make the shipping charge very clear (e.g., "Just pay shipping.") What disturbs me, however, is that you said that a representative from BioTrust told you there was no such record of the charge. I would very much like to look into this further. If you could please contact me at your convenience with your order number, I will absolutely do so.
2. For folks who sign up for our monthly subscription, we charge their account when the order is processed, which occurs immediately prior to the order being shipped (just like if you placed an order via Amazon).
3. This is an excellent point, Susan, and we are in the process of refining how we communicate with our customers. While many of our customers appreciate the frequent emails with money-saving coupons and valuable information (e.g., podcasts, blog articles), we are listening to our customers like yourself who are requesting fewer email communications. Expect changes to this in the very near future.
4. We are also diligently working on our online customer portal. While we try making canceling or changing your subscription easy by calling our customer service, we understand the demand for an online interface where you can make adjustments without calling. It seems like it would be a simple implementation, it turns out that it's quite a time and labor-intensive. However, it's something that we're working on at the moment and anticipate rolling out to customers soon.
Having said all that, I reiterate my apologies for any frustration that you experienced. Please know that your feedback is valuable to us, and we're working tirelessly to make improvements to meet the evolving demands of our customers. Please also contact me directly at your earliest convenience. I not only want to make sure that you're completely taken care of, I'd like to send you a free product for taking the time to share your feedback and letting us know how we can better serve our customers such as yourself.